free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N400 "A decision cannot yet be made"

My N400 only interview was on March 2007 in Miami. Smooth interview. Passed English and History tests. Signed part 13 of application. Signed Oath on part 14. Officer handed me a paper saying "A decision cannot yet be made about your application".
    Did Not receive any letter as of yet (4 months now).
    Which agencies should I write to and complain(addresses please)

My N400 only interview was on March 2007 in Miami. Smooth interview. Passed English and History tests. Signed part 13 of application. Signed Oath on part 14. Officer handed me a paper saying "A decision cannot yet be made about your application".
    Did Not receive any letter as of yet (4 months now).
    Which agencies should I write to and complain(addresses please)

first step:

check your Case online:
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

second: contact USCIS at the 1-800 number in your receipt and follow your case

make an appointment:
    https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php

see if they are requesting additional information or why is the delay.

www.i751.wordpress.com
    www.i751form.com

Out of the Memphis, TN office, I was informed that checking the "Decision cannot yet be made" box is standard practice there--usually it is in order to accumulate a certain number of tentatively approved N-400's so that a mass ceremony can be arranged at a federal courthouse. I'm guessing that the "decision" is technically made then. The bottom of the letter we got went on to say--

"Please be advised that under section 336 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you have the right to request a hearing . . . before the U.S. district court if USCIS has not made a determination on your application within [180] days of your examination." [Where 120 days was pre-printed on the form but then crossed out]

So, unfortunately, it appears USCIS has up to six months of leeway in getting the oath ceremony scheduled. But I agree with PERSONQ that follow-up is likely needed at this point just to make sure it isn't some other issue.

I would NOT advise anyone to a webpage "boards.immigration.com" its not only out dated its also full of wrong missleading information and poor opinions...

I just read the N-400 almost 80% of it is way out of porpartion and out of the blue,especially the list what they say to bring and have to the interview...what they list is insane and not true at all.
    Its almost dramatized lol

If anyone truly needs information what to need and what the time line is and what not for N400.

U either ask long time members in this forum or go directly to the USCIS webpage...

But to the OP.

Thats the first time I hear someone passing both test and having sign everything and then being told at the same time "decision could not be made"

I have a co worker who just few months ago went to his N400 interview in detroit...and was approved on the spot...now has to wait for other paperwork aka ceromony time schedule...

ps: I never met or heard of anyone that did not pass the test,in case like that I would get it,if the decision is pending and what not

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would NOT advise anyone to a webpage "boards.immigration.com" its not only out dated its also full of wrong missleading information and poor opinions... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many of the posts on immigration portal are written by people who actually have been through the process (not some high-school kids pulling pranks and not realising how obvious it is )

In any event, the best place to get a legal, reliable advice is the office of the professional immigration attorney, not an immigration forum of any kind where anyone can post anything one wishes with zero regard to accuracy.

Regards,

RationalE

Wow! So sweeping statements after picking out just a small fraction of the original post.

rationale,

that might be true...but main difference is,that webpage and its post are often out dated like from years sometimes...

and as we know immigration and application forms and requierments change so often!

In my case, I was interviewed in Chicago May 2007 .. passed the test and interview but I was lacking a few documents that they needed .. sent it to them in a few days, and I just had the oathtaking ceremony last week.

I was told the wait was 4-6 months from the interview .. maybe I was just lucky mine got done before that especially since I was missing some documents during the interview. Just be patient and keep us posted ..