free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how does this work?

i would please like some advice on this issue.

i was married to a u.s.c for over two years but never filed to adjust my status.we have two u.s.c children. i was placed in deportation proceedings for some crimes i committed while in the united states.
    while, in immigration court i was charge with having commited 2 or more crimes involving moral turpitude.
    the immigration judge however gave a ruling that the crimes i commited did not amount to moral turpitude but that since i was illegally in the united states, my release would only be on the condition that the petition my wife filed for me was approved. petition was filed in june 2004
    i didnt know how long it would take to get the petition approved and since the lawyer said it might take up to a year, and i didnt want to stay in jail any longer, i opted to get deported.
    however, i didnt get deported and the judge instead suggested voluntary departure. i complied with the judge's order.
    in october2004, while in my counrty, my wife recieved a letter that said that the petition had been approved and that i could file for permanent residency. THE APPROVAL NOTICE ERRONOUSLY STATED THAT I WAS IN THE UNITED STATES!!!.
    i had to send the nvc a letter to make sure they knew that i was not in the u.s as stated and that i was in my home country as the judge ordered.
    finally, last month, i left my country and am now in canada. i would please like to know the following:

1. is it possible to apply for my visa at the u.s consulate here in canada?

2. how long will it take for the consulate to process my visa if i had stayed in my home country?

3. now, that i'm in a third country , how long would it reasonably take to get the visa processed here?

ps; my attorney informed me that he had applied for a hardship waiver for me and that more than likely the 10 yr bar would not apply.

i would please like some advice on this issue.

i was married to a u.s.c for over two years but never filed to adjust my status.we have two u.s.c children. i was placed in deportation proceedings for some crimes i committed while in the united states.
    while, in immigration court i was charge with having commited 2 or more crimes involving moral turpitude.
    the immigration judge however gave a ruling that the crimes i commited did not amount to moral turpitude but that since i was illegally in the united states, my release would only be on the condition that the petition my wife filed for me was approved. petition was filed in june 2004
    i didnt know how long it would take to get the petition approved and since the lawyer said it might take up to a year, and i didnt want to stay in jail any longer, i opted to get deported.
    however, i didnt get deported and the judge instead suggested voluntary departure. i complied with the judge's order.
    in october2004, while in my counrty, my wife recieved a letter that said that the petition had been approved and that i could file for permanent residency. THE APPROVAL NOTICE ERRONOUSLY STATED THAT I WAS IN THE UNITED STATES!!!.
    i had to send the nvc a letter to make sure they knew that i was not in the u.s as stated and that i was in my home country as the judge ordered.
    finally, last month, i left my country and am now in canada. i would please like to know the following:

1. is it possible to apply for my visa at the u.s consulate here in canada?

2. how long will it take for the consulate to process my visa if i had stayed in my home country?

3. now, that i'm in a third country , how long would it reasonably take to get the visa processed here?

ps; my attorney informed me that he had applied for a hardship waiver for me and that more than likely the 10 yr bar would not apply.

Michael
    How does someone like this get approved? Ridiculous

well, some one like me gets approve cause:

1. i have money.

2. i have the best attorneys money can buy.

3. i know ur criminal laws to the tee, and unlike no english speaking people i know how to manipulate the laws to my advantage. not every crime renders u deportable.... hey did u know even a murderer can get permanent residency?

4. i know the law to a very large extent.

5. i'm one frig ging smart immigrant!!!

marky, that's great that you're so smart. was it the 485 that was filed and approved?

It sounds to me like it was only the I-130 that was approved, not yet the I-485. Given that Marky99 is in Canada and not America, it would appear that he is not quite as clever as he seems to think that he is.

Given that he has admitted to committing crimes in the United States, and has had voluntary departure imposed by the Immigration Court, I doubt that any consulate would issue him an immigrant visa. Furthermore, given that he was illegally in the United States for a period exceeding one year, he is automatically barred from returning for a minimum period of ten years.

I agree with Michael that America does not need such a loser as Marky99 here, and would request that nobody provide him with any useful information.

The bottom line is, he is in Canada, Not in his home Country, No question of getting any visa.
    Let the USCIS/BCIS/NVC send your file to US Embassy/Consulate, in your home country.

It works like this:
    When your wife filed I-130 she specified that you are/will adjust status while in the U.S. To switch to consular processing now she first have to file form I-824 (application for action on an approved app/petition). After I-824's approval the CIS will forward your approved I-130 to the NVC. After some mailing back'n'forth the NVC will forward the petition to your *home* country's U.S. consulate/embassy. You can not apply for an immigrant visa outside your home country.

Your "best attorney the money can buy" most likely knows that after EWI and/or being out of status for over 1 year and leaving the U.S. you become inadmissible for 10 years even if you didn't get deported. To overcome that, after an immigrant visa is denied, you'd have to file for a Waiver of Inadmissibility form I-601 plus a hardship letter. A good resource for I-601 waiver applicants is on immigrant2us.net

Cheers.

thanx a lot sup that was a lotta insight. well, sundeville dont despair, yes call me a loser!!! would it help u to know that in addition to the best "lawyers money can buy", i also have the best customs agents money can bribe. lololol. fool, u wanna join me in myrtle beach ? i'm presently there for the weekend, but wont be here for long before someone notices that i shouldnt be around(unlikely), so much for homeland security. lol

Is that Myrtle Beach, Ontario? Somehow, I think that you're just spinning tales...after all, only a LOSER would admit to ongoing criminal activity in an internet chat room. Furthermore, if you were really as smart as you seem to believe that you are, then you wouldn't have been deported (I'm happy that you were)...and neither would you be subject to a ten-year period of inadmissability.