50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please help!!!

I have an important K-1 question maybe someone can answer. My Fiancee has a 5 year old daughter that she is in the process of getting full legal custody of because the biological father is abusive, and neglects the child. The custody case is pending, and the plan is to bring the child to the USA after the case is won. (roughly 6 months from now)

But we fear that if my fiancee goes to the K-1 interview now at the embassy (Bogota Colombia), the consulor may ask her why she isn't going to bring the child with her now to the USA. And when she tells them it's because she doesn't yet have the sole legal right to take the child out of Colombia, they will just deny my Fiancee the K-1 visa and tell her to come back when her custody case is over. Can she be denied the Fiance Visa just for her to come alone and and marry me because she does not YET have the legal right to bring the child to the USA in the future?
    Has anyone experienced a simular situation maybe? Please any help and insite on this would be so appreciated! Thank you

I have an important K-1 question maybe someone can answer. My Fiancee has a 5 year old daughter that she is in the process of getting full legal custody of because the biological father is abusive, and neglects the child. The custody case is pending, and the plan is to bring the child to the USA after the case is won. (roughly 6 months from now)

But we fear that if my fiancee goes to the K-1 interview now at the embassy (Bogota Colombia), the consulor may ask her why she isn't going to bring the child with her now to the USA. And when she tells them it's because she doesn't yet have the sole legal right to take the child out of Colombia, they will just deny my Fiancee the K-1 visa and tell her to come back when her custody case is over. Can she be denied the Fiance Visa just for her to come alone and and marry me because she does not YET have the legal right to bring the child to the USA in the future?
    Has anyone experienced a simular situation maybe? Please any help and insite on this would be so appreciated! Thank you

Michael
    Ugh; why do you want a woman with a child???

yeah, I can see by the ridiculous number of posts here this "michael" has a lot of free time on his hands. Do you realize how really lame that answer you posted is?
    I imagine you in your parents basement, with star wars posters on the walls on your little computer

I think he's fallen asleep now from consuming too much King Cobra.
    Or maybe his basement is based in Africa? time difference?

Many times children do not accompany a parent when parent first immigrates to the US. It is either the case of wanting to set up a home first, leting child finishing a school year, or custody issues.
    A child can use "follow to join" right based on current K1 petition, and receive K2 visa. K2 has to be applyed for within a year of K1 visa issuance.