free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mailing Address Change not Residence Address

We are using my husband's sister's house as our mailing address for immigration letter since his sister was not going to move for a while. However, she recently sold the house and will move into a new house next month and we want to change our mailing address. My question is that there is no mailing address on the form AR-11 and wondering which form I should pick to fill out the mailing address?? When we applied for I485 and I130, our lawyer to fill out all the forms and recomended us to put the mailing address which is different from our residence.

We are using my husband's sister's house as our mailing address for immigration letter since his sister was not going to move for a while. However, she recently sold the house and will move into a new house next month and we want to change our mailing address. My question is that there is no mailing address on the form AR-11 and wondering which form I should pick to fill out the mailing address?? When we applied for I485 and I130, our lawyer to fill out all the forms and recomended us to put the mailing address which is different from our residence.

Do you know the meaning of the word "misrepresentation?"

Anyway, how do you cover up a lie? Lie again!

Does anyone knows how to change only mailing address?? We don't want to change residence address. Immigration has our residence address with them that is different from mailing address.

Is there anyone who filed mailing address and residence address????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We are using my husband's sister's house as our mailing address for immigration letter since his sister was not going to move for a while. However, she recently sold the house and will move into a new house next month and we want to change our mailing address. My question is that there is no mailing address on the form AR-11 and wondering which form I should pick to fill out the mailing address?? When we applied for I485 and I130, our lawyer to fill out all the forms and recomended us to put the mailing address which is different from our residence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Myumyu, my dear. Mailing/residence address is a key info esp. in a marriage-based petition like yours to establish the legit cohabitation by the USC & alien spouses and a pre-requisite to overcome the good faith marriage burden. Why can't you use officially your actual residence? Piece of advice, you better make up your mind, quick. If you don't know it yet since last month, you can do the change electronically: http://www.uscis.gov/AR-11, good luck.

The reason why we chose sister's house address is to keep the same address while processing. We already moved twice apartment when we moved we filed AR-11 and informed local office the change of resident address. They are still sending mail to sister's house, not our apt so that they know we have mailing address and resident address. If not, they send letter to our apartment since they have our address. I saw many ad talking about how immigration still mail to the old address. If we put our apartment address, then we move, then we don't know who will be in our address to inform us about mail if immigration send it to our old address. If the address is someone's house, we can tell them to infor us later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does anyone knows how to change only mailing address?? We don't want to change residence address. Immigration has our residence address with them that is different from mailing address. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See if the people buying your sister's house will help you out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by myumyu:
    We are using my husband's sister's house as our mailing address for immigration letter since his sister was not going to move for a while. However, she recently sold the house and will move into a new house next month and we want to change our mailing address. My question is that there is no mailing address on the form AR-11 and wondering which form I should pick to fill out the mailing address?? When we applied for I485 and I130, our lawyer to fill out all the forms and recomended us to put the mailing address which is different from our residence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    1. Use AR-11 to change your address. You would file it at the following address:
    Department of Homeland Security
    Change of Address
    PO Box 7134
    London, KY 40742-7134

Or if you are sending the form overnight
    Change of Address
    1084 S Laurel Rd
    London, KY 40742-7134.

If you have filed for AOS, you would need to check with your local office to see if they have a procedure to change the mailing address. Generally, it is the same info on AR-11, but in letter format.

I would recommend you send the form at least certified.

Myumyu,
    Basically changing your mailing address and your residence address is basically the same thing. Since your mailing address is no longer valid, use AR-11 to change the address. And the reason is that USCIS does not recognize the difference between mailing and residence address on most forms.

However, if your adjustment of status used your new perm address and you supplied also a mailing address, you may want to call USCIS customer service to change the mailing address and state that the perm address is still valid.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. Use AR-11 to change your address. You would file it at the following address:
    Change of Address
    PO Box 7134
    London, KY 40742-7134

Or if you are sending the form overnight
    Change of Address
    1084 S Laurel Rd
    London, KY 40742-7134.

If you have filed for AOS, you would need to check with your local office to see if they have a procedure to change the mailing address. Generally, it is the same info on AR-11, but in letter format.

I would recommend you send the form at least certified.

Myumyu,
    Basically changing your mailing address and your residence address is basically the same thing. Since your mailing address is no longer valid, use AR-11 to change the address. And the reason is that USCIS does not recognize the difference between mailing and residence address on most forms.

However, if your adjustment of status used your new perm address and you supplied also a mailing address, you may want to call USCIS customer service to change the mailing address and state that the perm address is still valid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But none of that is what he wants to do!

He wants to make the USCIS believe he's always resided in one place where he's never resided at, while moving from place to place without their knowledge!