50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Canadian Airport with-out American INS officer

Does anybody know which Canadian Airport without U.S immigration officer on it; After the person leave Canada and land on the U.S, then he will by cleared and processed by U.S immigration officer in the U.S airport, so the flight considered international?
    Thanks to all feedback.

Does anybody know which Canadian Airport without U.S immigration officer on it; After the person leave Canada and land on the U.S, then he will by cleared and processed by U.S immigration officer in the U.S airport, so the flight considered international?
    Thanks to all feedback.

I do not know of any Canadian airport without US Immigartion in it. The inspect you there, before you get onteh plane,they don't let you land in the US and then send you back. Also it is considered an international flight by US standards.

Hi Depika,

There are none. They all have US Customs and Immigration and upon your departure to the US, you have to go through them.

Yes, it is considered an international flight, however, you don't go through US Immigration once you enter the US but in Canada instead.

Catherine

Just to add some more additional confirmation to this...

All airports in Canada do Pre-Flight immigration/customs inspections into the US (by US officers)

When your flight arrives in the US, it will arrive at your carrier's domestic terminal (most likely) and you will just get off the plane and go get your bags as if it was a domestic flight...

You will need to arrive early at the Canadian airport as if it was an international flight (ie: 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes - or whatever your local airport advises...)

ARQU

Just a bit more info...

When flying TO a Canadian airport from the US, the inspections are done at the Canadian airport when you arrive. They are considered international flights at both ends...

ARQU

Just a bit more info...

When flying TO a Canadian airport from the US, the inspections are done at the Canadian airport when you arrive. They are considered international flights at both ends...

ARQU

Hi ARQU: Do you mean when I fly to Canada from the US the immigration inspection will be done at the Canadian airport by US immigration officer to clear me as if I had be be cleared if I fly from N.Y to Paris. Then after I finish with the US immigration officer in the Canadian airport, I go to a Canadian immigration officer to clear me to enter Canada.? Thanks

No...

I am assuming that you are asking about a trip that originates is the US and terminates in Canada in your last question. If that is the case, you will get directly on the plane in the US. No Immigrations/customs... When the plan lands in Canada, you will walk over to the immigration lines - which are Canadian Immigration - and pass through after being screend. Then you pick up you bags and go through Canadian customs... Then you are into the general part of the airport...

When flying to the US on a flight that originates in Canada and terminates in the US, you will take you bags to the US immigration, then pass through US customs and then drop your bags... Then you will board your flight. When you arrive in the US, you will just get off the plane and go get your bags...

Hope that helps clarify somethings for you...

ARQU