50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Questions on Immigration Forms

Hello I am new to this discussion board and after reading several post, it seems like this would be a helpful source to me.
    first, let me tell you about my current situation. I am in the U.S. and recently just married a USC. I am currently under H1-B visa status.
    now, I am trying to apply for Permanent Resident with my husband as my sponsor and I have several questions to fill these forms:

1. Form I-130
    Question 14, If your relative is currently in the U.S., complete the following:
    He or she arrived as a:______.
    Does this mean when I originally arrive here in the U.S? or when the last time I arrive here? I have been out of the U.S about 4 times for vacation ever since I originally arrive here as a student.
    Question 15, Name and address of present employer. Is it my employer or my sponsor's (husband) employer?

2. Form I-131.
    Question 3, Class of Admission. What is Class of Admission?

3. Form I-765.
    Question 11, Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?
    Since I am under H1-B right now, do I answer yes or no? does H1-B means that I applied for the EAD or my employer is the one that applied?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Hello I am new to this discussion board and after reading several post, it seems like this would be a helpful source to me.
    first, let me tell you about my current situation. I am in the U.S. and recently just married a USC. I am currently under H1-B visa status.
    now, I am trying to apply for Permanent Resident with my husband as my sponsor and I have several questions to fill these forms:

1. Form I-130
    Question 14, If your relative is currently in the U.S., complete the following:
    He or she arrived as a:______.
    Does this mean when I originally arrive here in the U.S? or when the last time I arrive here? I have been out of the U.S about 4 times for vacation ever since I originally arrive here as a student.
    Question 15, Name and address of present employer. Is it my employer or my sponsor's (husband) employer?

2. Form I-131.
    Question 3, Class of Admission. What is Class of Admission?

3. Form I-765.
    Question 11, Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?
    Since I am under H1-B right now, do I answer yes or no? does H1-B means that I applied for the EAD or my employer is the one that applied?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

yenstar,

Question 14 is under heading C.Information about your relative (about the petitioner's relative which is you).
    No. 14 would be 'student' because that's the way you entered as you say.
    No. 15 would be your employer because it's under the same heading C. which would be your employment if any.
    If I'm wrong we'll wait for another poster to correct this error or give you more info.

Explora,

for form I-130 question 14 maybe I wasn't clear before. I was here originally as a student. However, I have travel out of the U.S. before and came back here under H1-B visa. so, should I answer the first time I arrived here (student) or the last time I arrived here (H1-B, temp worker)?

Thank you

1) I-130, question 14: H1-B worker/temporary worker (status on last arrival).
    2) I-131, question 3: H1-B (class of admission is your visa classification)
    3) I-765, question 11: I would venture to guess that you have used OPT in the past (between F1 - H1-B) so the answer would be yes.

Marmaduk,

Thank you for the answer. That helps a lot.