50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a waiver of the 20 year ban?

I enjoyed reading the discussions between Mohan and Someone12 as they answered the question on "Waiver of ten years Ban". They seemed very knowledgable on Immigration laws and I have decided to get this question off my chest. I was an LPR and had lived in the U.S. for over 20 years. I had even filed my citizenship four years before getting in trouble. I was deported for committing what the Immigration law calls an aggravated felony, the crime itself could have been a misdemeanor in any court and I could have gotten probation.
    This was the only time I ever got in trouble, I didn't even have a speeding ticket for the 20 years I lived in the U.S. I regret what I did and would do things differently if given a second chance. I've read a few cases like mine since I was deported and they were allowed to remain in the United States. Those are in different circuit courts than where my immigration case was heard.

Also a very similar Federal case like mine was overturned by the Supreme Court and that case originated from my former state and was printed in that state's top newspaper stating that people who had a very similar case like mine were illegally convicted. It sated that the District Court that convicted me should get ready for hundreds of appeals.

I don't have any money to appeal my case and someone12 and Mohan really seem knowledgable, maybe they can help me pro-bono. This deportation is like a life sentence to me. I wish I never got in trouble in the first place. I read that if you are "convicted" of an aggravated felony, which of course, only the immigration court "convicted" me of an aggravated felony, you are barred for 20 years. I'm wondering what Mohan and someone12 can say about this, of course, I know I should contact an attorney, but again, in this third world country, money is hard to come by these days. I was convicted in 2001 and served 18 months.

I enjoyed reading the discussions between Mohan and Someone12 as they answered the question on "Waiver of ten years Ban". They seemed very knowledgable on Immigration laws and I have decided to get this question off my chest. I was an LPR and had lived in the U.S. for over 20 years. I had even filed my citizenship four years before getting in trouble. I was deported for committing what the Immigration law calls an aggravated felony, the crime itself could have been a misdemeanor in any court and I could have gotten probation.
    This was the only time I ever got in trouble, I didn't even have a speeding ticket for the 20 years I lived in the U.S. I regret what I did and would do things differently if given a second chance. I've read a few cases like mine since I was deported and they were allowed to remain in the United States. Those are in different circuit courts than where my immigration case was heard.

Also a very similar Federal case like mine was overturned by the Supreme Court and that case originated from my former state and was printed in that state's top newspaper stating that people who had a very similar case like mine were illegally convicted. It sated that the District Court that convicted me should get ready for hundreds of appeals.

I don't have any money to appeal my case and someone12 and Mohan really seem knowledgable, maybe they can help me pro-bono. This deportation is like a life sentence to me. I wish I never got in trouble in the first place. I read that if you are "convicted" of an aggravated felony, which of course, only the immigration court "convicted" me of an aggravated felony, you are barred for 20 years. I'm wondering what Mohan and someone12 can say about this, of course, I know I should contact an attorney, but again, in this third world country, money is hard to come by these days. I was convicted in 2001 and served 18 months.

I hope they never let this criminal back in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm wondering what Mohan and someone12 can say about this, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello wannabee

Hmmm... well we will all be wondering about that also

Stay tuned and welcome to the forum

Hi Wannabee,

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. The thread you read is five years old. A heads up . . . you might not get such helpful advice from one of these posters now. Good luck.

Oh Lord, you just don't know what you've done! lol... Get ready for some serious put downs, you'll see... This forum ain't what it once was, that's for sure.

Good luck!

Someone12
    &lt;yawn&gt; another criminal who claims "it could have been a misdemeanor"....what, robbing banks or stealing cars isn't a felony??
    Now, about a waiver....no chance...because some American citizen relative, like son, daughter, spouse, would have to be able to demonstrate 'extreme hardship' to them if you weren't allowed back in my country...but you've been absent for a couple of years...and any of those relatives seem to doing just fine....of course, if you try to hire some dirtbag ethically challenged immigration attorny, no doubt this slime will try to make a case that if you are not allowed back in the US, your brother's acne will come back with a vengeance....now there's extreme hardship!
    Bottom line: I hope you bought a lot of postcards....

Someone12
    and if you have no money, well, no immigration attorney will take your case....they are only interested in one thing (like TV evangelists)....the money....
    Now, some twit may suggest a nonimmigrant visa waiver, but, first, the embassy officials would have to be convinced that you were not going to try to find a way to stay in the US....and given your history, not likely....or that you would not present a harm to the American society...so here's where your "misdemeanor" comes into play...if you only had a dozen overdue videos at the Blockbuster, well, maybe, but, if instead, you had committed crimes more nefarious than that, well, I would hope those same officials would not recommend any waiver be granted to you, and, once again, you are stuck outside the US of A....what's that phrase???oh yea,,,,"don't do the crime unless you can do the time...." only what, about 16 years to go???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by americanwanabe:

I don't have any money to appeal my case and someone12 and Mohan really seem knowledgable, maybe they can help me pro-bono. This deportation is like a life sentence to me. I wish I never got in trouble in the first place. I read that if you are "convicted" of an aggravated felony, which of course, only the immigration court "convicted" me of an aggravated felony, you are barred for 20 years. I'm wondering what Mohan and someone12 can say about this, of course, I know I should contact an attorney, but again, in this third world country, money is hard to come by these days. I was convicted in 2001 and served 18 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your English is too good and you seem to be able to express your thoughts coherently.
    You are "too smart" for the kind of situation you describe yourself finding in.
    That, plus overall dynamics of your "storytelling" tells me that you are just another fake poster who made up a story to uselessly waste our time and energy trying to answer your hypothetical "questions".
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit