50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 90 days...from when?

When applying for an EAD, it's supposed to come after 90 days, and after that, one can go down to INS to get it. My question is, and I am getting different anwsers...90 days from when? 90 days from sending it in, or 90 days from the date on the receipt notice?

When applying for an EAD, it's supposed to come after 90 days, and after that, one can go down to INS to get it. My question is, and I am getting different anwsers...90 days from when? 90 days from sending it in, or 90 days from the date on the receipt notice?

I think it's from 90 days from he receipt. Give them just that little extra time ; )

In my case, the little extra time is 50 days...and a lost job opportunity because of it. It's been 81 days since they received my application, and 31 days after the date on the receipt of notice...

Don't you hate that ?

There will be another bigger and brighter job out there

What stinks the most is that my lawyer just told me that a client of a friend of his went to INS last week, similar situation to mine, and was successfull in getting EAD...just depends on who one happens to talk to...luck of the draw... as my lawyer so elegantly put it: "Bunch of B.S." Ain't that the truth.

and you've gone and they said no?

Maybe you could try again, hopefully you'll get someone else behind the counter.

Latest data from INS as regards to EAD are a little puzzling.The 90 days they say now shows 120-140 days and this is from what AVM is saying.
    But should you pass the 90 days period, you can always drop by local disctrict and request for iEAD and they will give you one.

I was at INS this morning, and the officer said 90 days.. I just wasn't sure when the 90 days start... I've heard three different anwsers;
    1. date on notice of receipt
    2. date when INS received application
    3. date when INS cashed check

seems like going to INS in person, and hope to get lucky...luck appears to be just as important as what's in the law...