free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Background Check

If someone was charged for two minor offences in his home country but he was never convicted and the cases dismissed. Will they be able to get a green card or will they be turned down because of these offences?

If someone was charged for two minor offences in his home country but he was never convicted and the cases dismissed. Will they be able to get a green card or will they be turned down because of these offences?

B umping this thread up
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If someone was charged for two minor offences in his home country but he was never convicted and the cases dismissed. Will they be able to get a green card or will they be turned down because of these offences? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi there Ayanna31,

It depends on the police report and FBI clearance your country will give you.
    If your record is cleared because you said they are minor cases.. I guess nothing to worry
    about.

Thanks for ***ping up my thread I thought i would never get an answer.

I am finding out this info for my cousin, he is still in his home country but his brother who is a U.S. citizen wants file for him. One of the charges were for writing a bad cheque and the other was for giving someone a letter stating that they were employed at his company when they were not. what do you all think?

Which country he is from.

To me it sounds like those happened here because most of the other country's those things are even not a issue to start with and forget about going into record.

blue: that was my first reaction as well...since all the foreigns I've ever known from elementary school used to tell me that they don't even have such a thing as a cheque....I always thought this is an american thing...I guess I was wrong...:/

Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

He is from Barbados and those incidents happened there. He has a 10year visitors visa which he only use to come to the U.S. on vacation he has never overstayed his time. What do you all think?

If your cousin was arrested for these incidents, even if he wasn't convicted, he will have to disclose them to the American Consulate on his application. Personally, I think that they're a little more serious than you think that they are...at least from an immigration perspective.

I believe that both speak to moral character...or, more accurately, immoral character! He may be denied on those grounds.

...and, in America, cheque is spelled check!