Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paranoia FYI

The features of Paranoiac Behavior:

Paranoia is often associated with psychotic illnesses, particularly schizophrenia, although attenuated features may be present in other primarily non-psychotic diagnoses, such as paranoid personality disorder.

The clinical use of the term has been used to describe delusions where the affected person believes they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:

*The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur, to him or her.
    *The individual thinks that the persecutor has the intention to cause harm.

Furthermore:

Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that denotes a personality disorder with paranoid features. The use of the term paranoia in this context is not meant to refer to the presence of frank delusions or psychosis, but implies the presence of ongoing, unbased suspiciousness and distrust of people.

A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

*suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
    is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
    is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her

*reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
    persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
    perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack

*has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.

A mnemonic that can be used to remember the criteria for paranoid personality disorder is SUSPECT:

S - spouse is cheating suspected
    U - unforgiving - bears grudges
    S - suspicious (of others)
    P - perceives attacks (and reacts quickly)
    E - enemy in everyone - suspects associates,
    friends
    C - confiding in others feared
    T - threats seen in benign events

The features of Paranoiac Behavior:

Paranoia is often associated with psychotic illnesses, particularly schizophrenia, although attenuated features may be present in other primarily non-psychotic diagnoses, such as paranoid personality disorder.

The clinical use of the term has been used to describe delusions where the affected person believes they are being persecuted. Specifically, they have been defined as containing two central elements:

*The individual thinks that harm is occurring, or is going to occur, to him or her.
    *The individual thinks that the persecutor has the intention to cause harm.

Furthermore:

Paranoid personality disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that denotes a personality disorder with paranoid features. The use of the term paranoia in this context is not meant to refer to the presence of frank delusions or psychosis, but implies the presence of ongoing, unbased suspiciousness and distrust of people.

A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

*suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
    is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
    is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her

*reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
    persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
    perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack

*has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner.

A mnemonic that can be used to remember the criteria for paranoid personality disorder is SUSPECT:

S - spouse is cheating suspected
    U - unforgiving - bears grudges
    S - suspicious (of others)
    P - perceives attacks (and reacts quickly)
    E - enemy in everyone - suspects associates,
    friends
    C - confiding in others feared
    T - threats seen in benign events

!! SUPERTRUTH !! SUPERTRUTH !!SUPERTRUTH !! SUPERTRUTH !!
    That's exactly what I think of AntiF.. !!

Oui: The Paranoid-Critical Revolution: Writings, 1927-1933 (Paperback)

From Publishers Weekly
    "If I press your fingers, I crush the droplets of my picnic grapes; and if I want to remind myself of your legs, I need only recall that disturbing rotting donkey with the nightingale head." Outlandish, funny, disturbing and out-of-control, the Catalan surrealist Salvador Dal! didn't confine himself to the vivid, weird paintings for which he is known. Dal! also wroteApoems, essays, short fiction, art criticism and art theory, "Reverie," "Documentary" and descriptive prose-poetry, all meant to "stray unmethodically onto the paths of the involuntary." Some of it describes others' works of artADal! reviews and recommends, for example, the drawings of Federico Garc!a Lorca and the poetry of Benjamin P?ret. Dal!'s expertly wacky, sometimes icky, prose shares many of its attractions with his canvases: will his fans be surprised to learn that he hadAor claimed he hadA"at three or four years of age, a vision of a decomposed lizard, gnawed by ants"? Dal!'s exuberantly off-the-cuff theories, notes, self-mockeries and reactions are good antidotes for the overseriousness of so much other writing about modern art. Art historians who follow surrealism will be happy to see this first English translation of volume one of Dal!'s Oui (published in French in 1971), but hopefully they won't be the only ones, since the prose can be so much fun to read. Dal! suggests that "new Surrealist objects" "be photographed... by dropping the object from ten meters... onto a little heap of hay"; his strenuous assertions and non sequiturs retain, 70 years later, the exhilarating strangeness of such a fall.
    Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Book Description
    Cultural Writing. Art Criticism. "Pleasure is man's most legitimate aspiration." ('The Moral Position of Surrealism"). This book is a translation of the first volume of Oui- a collection of texts compiled and edited by Salvador Dali's great chronicler, colleague and friend, Robert Descharnes. Arranged chronologically, these diverse (polymorphously perverse) texts cover the period of Dali's creative life, from his student days to his early associations with the Surrealist movement. They offer a microcosmic view of the "cosmic" life and art, creation and creative process, mind and body of Salvador Dali. "Why do rotting donkeys have the head of a hollowed-out night nightingale? How is it there are are rotting nightingales with the head of a donkey?" ("No. 1 Times Six).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184...lance&n=283155

The aspect of paranoia that Dal* was interested in and which helped inspire the method was the ability of the brain to perceive links between things which rationally are not linked. Dal* described the paranoiac-critical method as a "spontaneous method of irrational knowledge based on the critical and systematic objectivity of the associations and interpretations of delirious phenomena."

'I don't do drugs. I am drugs.'

"There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad."

Salvador Dali

"In order to acquire a growing and lasting respect in society, it is a good thing, if you possess great talent, to give, early in your youth, a very hard kick to the right shin of the society that you love. After that, be a snob."

"Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure-that of being Salvador Dali"

"I am not strange, I am just not normal."

"I believe that the moment is near when by a procedure of active paranoiac thought, it will be possible to systematize confusion and contribute to the total discrediting of the world of reality."

"Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision."

"It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself"

"The only difference between me and madman is that I am not a madman!"

He was a Great man !

He IS.

The only artist ever that captured my imagination. The only one I've ever been interested in so much.

He spoke well of Velázquez
    There were like couple of Artists of whom Dali - EVER - spoke in favorable terms (he knew them all) ; and of Rafael he was admirer , admitting that the genius of latter superceded that of Dali

If Dali truly captured your imagination I suggest you take a closer look at him