50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the legal penalties for having a passenger in your car...

What are the legal penalties for an American driver, having a passenger in your car who has a legal state issued drivers license, no criminal record, but is an illegal alien, and the passenger is caught at an US-Mexico border crossing? This person has not charged any monies for the crossing and no contraband is in the vehicle? Does the American driver face arrest?

What are the legal penalties for an American driver, having a passenger in your car who has a legal state issued drivers license, no criminal record, but is an illegal alien, and the passenger is caught at an US-Mexico border crossing? This person has not charged any monies for the crossing and no contraband is in the vehicle? Does the American driver face arrest?

That sure sounds like it could be interpreted as assisting an alien cross the border illegally, a clear violation of the border control. I doubt it would happen but I do think the entry officers have a valid ground for arrest if they do decide to act on it. Smuggling illegal aliens are a serious offense.

My question is how did the illegal alien get a legal state issued drivers license? And are you nuts thinking the American driver won't get in trouble? Not sure where you're coming from, but if you're the one trying to drive the illegal across the border, beware!

Which way were you going, US to Mexico or Mexico to US ?

The Real ID Act will finally put an end to the nonsense of illegals having state-issued identification.

When will illegals realize that they're NOT wanted in America?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flaca226:
    What are the legal penalties for an American driver, having a passenger in your car who has a legal state issued drivers license, no criminal record, but is an illegal alien, and the passenger is caught at an US-Mexico border crossing? This person has not charged any monies for the crossing and no contraband is in the vehicle? Does the American driver face arrest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    He'd be interrogated but doubtful he'll be arrested. If the illegal alien is returning to the U.S. he'll be detained and held on Mexico side regardless if he has a state-issued identification. Border patrol might seize his identification but if he illegally returns later he can then get a duplicate. If he could go back and forth legally then many other illegals would be doing the same but it's illegal.
    About 18 years ago a friend and I were going across U.S.-Mexico border (I was driving my friend's car) and when the officer checked our i.d. I was relatively quiet and he became suspicious although I didn't look typically Mexican. The upshot was that the patrol wasn't interested in my friend who was a passenger, they were interested in me thinking I was illegaly trying to cross. I was checked out at dock 13 and after all my i.d.'s were proven okay, we were permitted to go ahead and cross border into U.S. They didn't have much interest in my friend because it was me that they thought was illegal. As of today, there is much more scrutiny as far as smuggling and they are primarily searching for those that are running large smuggling rings, not so much someone such as the American citizen you speak of who can explain himself most likely.

They could impound the vehicle tho!!!

ntfd3,
    Would they impound the vehicle even if they didn't detain the U.S. citizen? Why take the vehicle and not the person? (Well, in Mexico, it's probably worth more to them. Aye.)

the illegal Mexicans and others, have real "factories" on every port of entry in the US. They manufacture fake ID's, Driver's Licenses, birth certificates, death certificates, anything you want. With the new technology and the assistance of the Colombian cartel I salute our patrol officers for kicking their behinds everytime they arrest them.
    to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD