publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Quick Update on my situation: Is she right?

Hello all,

Old news: married usc, got 10 yrs gc. Living together was unsupportable, we split. Have been living apart for over 10 months. I am still supporting her financially.

Latest news on my situation: I wanted to cancel all the financial support and file divorce papers and move on. ad been concerned with her survival all this time, but decided to move on lately. Once again, she came up with a new trick. She wants to stay married for financial benefits (Health Insurances, blah blah) and says that if keep supporting her, I should be able to file for citizenship within 2 years based on marriage to usc. Is that right or she's just trying to find ways to scame me more?

Kumna

Hello all,

Old news: married usc, got 10 yrs gc. Living together was unsupportable, we split. Have been living apart for over 10 months. I am still supporting her financially.

Latest news on my situation: I wanted to cancel all the financial support and file divorce papers and move on. ad been concerned with her survival all this time, but decided to move on lately. Once again, she came up with a new trick. She wants to stay married for financial benefits (Health Insurances, blah blah) and says that if keep supporting her, I should be able to file for citizenship within 2 years based on marriage to usc. Is that right or she's just trying to find ways to scame me more?

Kumna

To be eligible to apply for citizenship (at a point 2 years and 9 months from receiving permanent resident card), the alien must be married and living together with the US citizen. Otherwise, it is 4 years 9 months before the alien is able to apply. Note: Other criteria are also involved in eligibility, but not pertinent to this question, such as continuous presence etc.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

If you are not maintaining a marital union, an application for naturalization filed under INA 319 (three years as an LPR/three years marriage to a USC) will be denied. Wait until you have five years as an LPR and file accordingly.

Lol, I caught her trick this time.

Thank you alot.