50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help...can a current adult GC holder be deported by his sponsor??

Hi,

My fiance is 28 and a current GC holder and was sponsored by his father. His father is unhappy with him because he has moved out of his home and in with me. He says he can have him deported....Is this a true statement? We have sent in the proper paperwork for an address change with USCIS and he is currently working full time and has not been in any trouble with the law. He is not here on a conditional basis that we are aware of. With everything I have read I think he is okay however, I may have missed something. Can anyone help with this?

Also, we would like to get married in the future, is there anything legally that would keep us from doing so or anything we need to do for the USCIS? Does he risk deportation if he marries while holding a GC? Will it slow his citizenship process down?

Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated....Thank you in advance

Hi,

My fiance is 28 and a current GC holder and was sponsored by his father. His father is unhappy with him because he has moved out of his home and in with me. He says he can have him deported....Is this a true statement? We have sent in the proper paperwork for an address change with USCIS and he is currently working full time and has not been in any trouble with the law. He is not here on a conditional basis that we are aware of. With everything I have read I think he is okay however, I may have missed something. Can anyone help with this?

Also, we would like to get married in the future, is there anything legally that would keep us from doing so or anything we need to do for the USCIS? Does he risk deportation if he marries while holding a GC? Will it slow his citizenship process down?

Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated....Thank you in advance

Your fiance appears to have nothing to worry about with regard to his immigration status.

Assuming that he is not currently married, then he is free to marry whomever he chooses. When married to (and living with) a U.S. Citizen spouse, a permanent resident is eligible to apply for citizenship after two years and nine months - three years, less ninety days (otherwise it's four years and nine months - five years, less ninety days).

@ sun devil USA...Thank you for the very quick response. I have another question if you don't mind. Once we get married is there any paperwork that we need to do for USCIS to let them know that we are in fact married and will that somehow cancel his family sponsorship that he has now.

I am trying to make sure that he will not be deported for any reason....and lord knows I don't want to be that reason!!

Thanks again

You can get married without any consequence to his immigration status. You would not need to report your marriage to USCIS.

Your fiance's immigration sponsor has no hold over your fiance...USCIS has already granted him permanent residency.

Thank you SunDevilUSA, he and I have both been worried about this and his father just won't leave him alone, says now that he is going to have him arrested however we don't have any idea what for as he has done nothing wrong. Like I said he works full time and is a law abiding citizen...I think his dad is just trying to cause trouble to get his way. He basically doesn't even talk to his dad anymore due to all the **** he is putting us through. It is a sad situation....

Found out that the GC is unconditional as it is for 10 years. If we get married will that mean the uscis will issue another GC being conditional for 2 years? I am soooo confused!

Hey, maybe you know the answer to this....He has a 5yr old son back home in Kenya, when can we start the paperwork for him? He said something about having to have a tax return first however, I am not clear on that. Does he have to have citizenship first before sponsoring a child? Sorry all this is new to me and very complicated.

Thanks again, you are very helpful!

Only the government of the United States can deport someone.

That's what we are afraid of......that his father may go to USCIS and give them some BS story to try and have him deported. I can assure you he has done nothing wrong, not even a simple parking ticket.....We just don't want any headaches or stress more than we already have.

Thanks federale86

from Kenya, eh? ha ha ha, someone else came to mind. You should ask ''him'' how to beat around the bush with phony papers. By the way, I'm willing to bet money that your honey has more than one kid and is married back home. Though I let you know since you don't want any more headaches and stress. And you will get married when he decides, not you.

correction: I meant to write ''thought''. Have a happy life!