50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Felony DUI Green Card Renewal

In January of 2006 I was convicted of class 6 felony DUI. The reason it was a felony DUI was because my license was suspended. I have one previous misdemeanor DUI. I already know I was stupid, I was moving my car two blocks because the person who I had loaned my car to was not in any condition to drive so I wanted to move it back to my drive way. Anyway, that's besides the point.

My green card is due for its 10 year renewal in February of 2009. I was given 3 years minimum probabtion. My question; is my renewal likely to be refused because of the felony? My wife who is a US citizen and I are worried sick over this. Yes I know its my fault, I've done everything the courts have asked of me as far as "treatment" and I have not touched alcohol since it happened, I've even done public speaking on the dangers of DUI. Any help and information would be appreciated.

In January of 2006 I was convicted of class 6 felony DUI. The reason it was a felony DUI was because my license was suspended. I have one previous misdemeanor DUI. I already know I was stupid, I was moving my car two blocks because the person who I had loaned my car to was not in any condition to drive so I wanted to move it back to my drive way. Anyway, that's besides the point.

My green card is due for its 10 year renewal in February of 2009. I was given 3 years minimum probabtion. My question; is my renewal likely to be refused because of the felony? My wife who is a US citizen and I are worried sick over this. Yes I know its my fault, I've done everything the courts have asked of me as far as "treatment" and I have not touched alcohol since it happened, I've even done public speaking on the dangers of DUI. Any help and information would be appreciated.

I am sorry Islandscot, hopefully someone will be along to give you some good answers.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Since you've done public speaking and appears you've rehabilitated and can demonstrate that is in your favor although those dates are going to be old before your renewal. I think it wuold be to your advantage to continue in those areas of speaking or other avenues to have proof that it's continual and hasn't been suspended showing stronger proof of your rehabilitation. I don't know if you might need to consult an attorney just to be on the safe side. If you know of a respected attorney to visit for a consultation I think it would help to allay some of your fears.