50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Removal Procedings

Hello, I was arrested by immigration officers couple of weeks ago, because i did not attend two semesters, and then released the same day. Now i have to appear infront of a judge on 14th of july for my master hearing. I am married to a US citizen for almost two years. But because of our financial situation, we were not able to get the application submitted. I just hired a lawyer, and he submitted my I-130. And he told us it will be better if we first get the visa petition approved and then file for adjustment of status with the judge. Because it will be faster.
    So my questions to you is,
    what are the chances that they will deport me?
    Is it a good idea to first file for I 130 and then file the adjustment of status with the court.?
    What are the chances that they will deny my application.?
    I would really appreciate your help in this matter.
    Thanks

Hello, I was arrested by immigration officers couple of weeks ago, because i did not attend two semesters, and then released the same day. Now i have to appear infront of a judge on 14th of july for my master hearing. I am married to a US citizen for almost two years. But because of our financial situation, we were not able to get the application submitted. I just hired a lawyer, and he submitted my I-130. And he told us it will be better if we first get the visa petition approved and then file for adjustment of status with the judge. Because it will be faster.
    So my questions to you is,
    what are the chances that they will deport me?
    Is it a good idea to first file for I 130 and then file the adjustment of status with the court.?
    What are the chances that they will deny my application.?
    I would really appreciate your help in this matter.
    Thanks

depends on the judge, but I think as long as you have a petition pending with the CIS. You should be ok..

They will keep delaying court dates till petition is approved...

Meanwhile you might have an interview for I-130 or it might get approved. Since you filed it after u are in proceedings probably you will have an interview and it will be a tougher interview!

Best of luck and if you have any questions! let me know!

first of all, thank u betamichigan for replying, I really appreciate it.
    So, after i posted my original message, i recieved the Recipt no. from USCIS. And they have not mention the date or time period when i will get the interview or any kind of timetable. So, do you think, it's a bad thing that they did not mention the time period.?
    And second thing is, Should i also apply for the adjustment of status or should i wait until my I-130 petition has been approved.?
    Thanks again.

Another thing, I was just reading another discussion on the board, The some one was approved for 130 but his 485 was rejected because he did not file I 601(which i think, is a waiver if u have worked without permission in us), So should i also file for that since i also worked without permission.
    Thanks

I was also an F-1 student when I applied for AOS. I filed I-130, I-485, I-765, G-325 all together the same day. That was back in 2002. If I were you I would file I-485 asap. That's my experience. Hope that helps.

You cannot file the 485 now, since you are in proceedings! You will be only able to file for
    AOS in front of the judge!

I was also an F-1 student when I applied for AOS. I filed I-130, I-485, I-765, G-325 all together the same day. That was back in 2002. If I were you I would file I-485

I think, U should be okay, But again it depends on the judge. And about I-485, i think, u should ask more people about it caz it can differ case to case.
    I hope it helped.