50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: child custody

hi all. i'm an illegal immigrant with no documents. i apologize. i have a child who's biological father is US citizen. we're never been married, but found out my pregnancy after break. he's been notified but suggested an abortion. now after four years he wants full custody. he never see a child even once.
    am i losing my custody because of my immigration status?

hi all. i'm an illegal immigrant with no documents. i apologize. i have a child who's biological father is US citizen. we're never been married, but found out my pregnancy after break. he's been notified but suggested an abortion. now after four years he wants full custody. he never see a child even once.
    am i losing my custody because of my immigration status?

No!

Nobody can take your child away if you are a good mother. Illegal or not! If you are not, and he can proof that you are not then you might have a problem. The answer is no, not even the father of your child - will have the power to take your child away. You'll have to go to court if he files suit, but until then I wouldn't even worry.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Immigration and family law have nothing to do with each other, though he will probably still try and use your status against you.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Yes, your criminal activity does reflect on your fitness. Your ex will get custody provided he can provide a good home and has no criminal record.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    Yes, your criminal activity does reflect on your fitness. Your ex will get custody provided he can provide a good home and has no criminal record. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That wasn't what she asked. Her worries are whether he can take the baby just because she has no legal status. He obviously threatening her - something that's happening all the time.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

federal 86 your a retard you have no idea what the hell your talkin about and have nothin better to do with your life but talk ****! shut up dumb***! no if he is not on the birth certificate he cant do anything until theres a DNA test! and unless thay find you an unfit parent they cant do anything to you!
    *RACIST MAKE ME SICK*

federal 86 your a retard! you have no idea what your talkin about you racist bast*rd! tell everyone at your next K.K.K. meeting i said hi! And no he cant do that he has to proove your an unfit parent and be on the birth certificate to even pitetion against you! that DNA test could take a long while!
    *RACIST MAKE ME SICK*

We discussed you at the last meeting and decided that you are too fat to be bothered with. However, our Grand Kleagle, Rob Byrd, is a chubby chaser and will be looking you up.