50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I'm ill, can my husband stay?

i was recently diagnosed with severe rheumatoid arthritis and am very ill and am unable to use my hands really, we have a 9 month old and a 3 yr old.......is there ANY way he can fix his papers without having to go to cuidad juarez?

thanks for any help..

a little history, he entered illegally 6 yrs ago, we have been married for 5, everything has been approved but we have missed the appointment in cuidad juarez 3 times because im so sick i cant care for the babies alone, and he is all i have, so we still owe the lawyer to fill out all the waviers and stuff...

i was recently diagnosed with severe rheumatoid arthritis and am very ill and am unable to use my hands really, we have a 9 month old and a 3 yr old.......is there ANY way he can fix his papers without having to go to cuidad juarez?

thanks for any help..

a little history, he entered illegally 6 yrs ago, we have been married for 5, everything has been approved but we have missed the appointment in cuidad juarez 3 times because im so sick i cant care for the babies alone, and he is all i have, so we still owe the lawyer to fill out all the waviers and stuff...

I'm afraid that as he entered illegally, the only way is for him to return to Mexico.

I wish I had a better answer for you. Have you considered going back with him temporarily, or looking in to some form of home help while he's away?
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
    Have you considered going back with him temporarily, or looking in to some form of home help while he's away? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

leaving is not an option for me.........i take medication to stay alive, including a biologic medicine that i have to inject into myself every other week......this would be impossible over there

I'm sorry to hear that mrsgigo.

As it stands, with your medical condition, you have a very strong case for approval on the I-601 waiver. Right now, your husband is at constant risk of being caught and deported. You would be in a lot worse a situation should that happen.

Look in to whether you're able to get some assistance for home help while he's in Mexico. It's your only option to get him legalized.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

MrsGigo: I'm sorry to hear of your medical situation.

However, I'm sure that you knew that your husband was illegal before you got married and started having babies; at the very least, your husband was fully aware of the situation...and you should have been.

I realize that that sounds heartless...but, where is the personal responsibility here?

You're trying to elicit sympathy for a predicament that you understood before you entered into it.

Your husband had no regard for America's laws or sovereignty...and he will have to return to mexico.

If you have a strong waiver packet and you do have strong hardships your husband will only be in CDJ for a few weeks. Can't you stay with family until he can return? You are lucky in so many ways, what if your husband was from some country other than Mexico where the waiver process takes months or years instead of weeks!!
    I am not a lawyer! I don't give legal advice! I just state my opinion!

Can't he take the children?