50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Help, US Born Citizen

Hi there, I'm in need of some help from anyone who can fill me in. I filed an I-130 for my husband of 10 months. I gave birth to his child on 4/1/07 and we were in the process of buying a house when we found out that his temporary residency was going to be a problem to get a mortgage. We started the process for his green card in March of 2007, I just received the approval letter but it states that he cannot adjust his status while in the US, that he needs to go back to his consulate to do so. We went into immigration in NYC and they told us it is now in the NVS and that immigration basically has nothing to do with it at this point. Is this how it's suppose to be? Now we go back and forth with paperwork until we get our interview? Please fill me in, any info is helpful.

Thank you

Hi there, I'm in need of some help from anyone who can fill me in. I filed an I-130 for my husband of 10 months. I gave birth to his child on 4/1/07 and we were in the process of buying a house when we found out that his temporary residency was going to be a problem to get a mortgage. We started the process for his green card in March of 2007, I just received the approval letter but it states that he cannot adjust his status while in the US, that he needs to go back to his consulate to do so. We went into immigration in NYC and they told us it is now in the NVS and that immigration basically has nothing to do with it at this point. Is this how it's suppose to be? Now we go back and forth with paperwork until we get our interview? Please fill me in, any info is helpful.

Thank you

What is his current immigration status?

Is he a "temporary resident" ( Temp. LPR) or undocumented alien subject to adjustment abroad ("he cannot adjust his status while in the US, that he needs to go back to his consulate to do so")?

Are you a USC? Can you get a house mortgage on your own, while your husband goes through the process of obtaining LPR? (If he is subject to I-601 waiver it may take a while to process and the outcome is never guaranteed).

He's here on a TPS? or TPA? not too sure. He is able to work legally. I can't do the mortgage thing on my own, but my concern is the adjustment of statues. They told me he would have to go back to his country to get his green card.. Is the "interview" where I kind of have a chance to keep him here? He's the supporter of our family and I am so stressed over this.

how did your husband enter the country?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He's here on a TPS? or TPA? not too sure. He is able to work legally. I can't do the mortgage thing on my own, but my concern is the adjustment of statues. They told me he would have to go back to his country to get his green card.. Is the "interview" where I kind of have a chance to keep him here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Immigration law is very complex and in many instances it's not possible to give accurate advise (even for a professional attorney) unless all the circumstances of one's case are clearly expressed and known.

It's always best to consult a practicing immigration attorney and have him/her address your concerns.

As to mortgage, why can't you do it on your own?