50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Request for Applicant to appear for initial interview

Ok, I have filed for AOS because my wife is a US citizen. We got married on August 10th of this year. The case was filed on September 09th of 2005. Today i get this letter from BCIS saying , "Request for Applicant to appear for initial interview". Is this the actual interview , interview which we were expecting or this is some kind of pre-interview interview.

The speed with which this is being processed in very unusal. ****, my finderprints appointment is not till Dec 22nd of this year.

Is this normal these days..i am in Ct. or what does "initial" interview mean.

Ok, I have filed for AOS because my wife is a US citizen. We got married on August 10th of this year. The case was filed on September 09th of 2005. Today i get this letter from BCIS saying , "Request for Applicant to appear for initial interview". Is this the actual interview , interview which we were expecting or this is some kind of pre-interview interview.

The speed with which this is being processed in very unusal. ****, my finderprints appointment is not till Dec 22nd of this year.

Is this normal these days..i am in Ct. or what does "initial" interview mean.

i am not profeesion, but i would like to share you with my experience. 1) documents you need to bring to the interview are showing on your receipt. eg, lease agreement, joint bank account statement, car insurance, etc. 2) the immigration officer would ask you and your spouse some questions, such as how u meet each other, when you get married... just remember don't be nervious. be confortably answering the question is very important.