50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: A step closer to conference

I'm sure the Senate will pass their Bill. I would even expect to see a 75/25 outcome. I'll be interesting to see how many Republicans vote in favour.
    The conference will be the key point. Carl Rove met with the House republicans, according to the newspapers.

I don't believe that an enforcement only Bill would make it. The House has to compromise on the legalization part.

This is the last issue the President has left on his "To achieve" list. Everything else failed. I'd assume that there is a very high interest on the White House part to get at least one Bill successfully done.
    (Well, apart of the War... and that doens't seem to go as planned either *S*)
    Also, the Democrats showed their willingness to compromise and added alot of Border enforcement.

If the Bill fails because the Republican Hardliners can't get their act together it will show Leadership problems withing the GOP, especially since the President supports the Senate approach.

I wouldn't be surprised, if we see more comments by the President urging the Conference Members and later the Congress to pass a comprimised Bill that will support legalization of at least the "5 year" group.

Of course, this is just my personal view of point.

The next few weeks will be interesting...*G*

I'm sure the Senate will pass their Bill. I would even expect to see a 75/25 outcome. I'll be interesting to see how many Republicans vote in favour.
    The conference will be the key point. Carl Rove met with the House republicans, according to the newspapers.

I don't believe that an enforcement only Bill would make it. The House has to compromise on the legalization part.

This is the last issue the President has left on his "To achieve" list. Everything else failed. I'd assume that there is a very high interest on the White House part to get at least one Bill successfully done.
    (Well, apart of the War... and that doens't seem to go as planned either *S*)
    Also, the Democrats showed their willingness to compromise and added alot of Border enforcement.

If the Bill fails because the Republican Hardliners can't get their act together it will show Leadership problems withing the GOP, especially since the President supports the Senate approach.

I wouldn't be surprised, if we see more comments by the President urging the Conference Members and later the Congress to pass a comprimised Bill that will support legalization of at least the "5 year" group.

Of course, this is just my personal view of point.

The next few weeks will be interesting...*G*

Amnesty won't make it either. No path to citizenship is likely. Bush has little political capital left these days, so don't count on it.