Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re-entry on B2 visa, help!

Hey,

Last year I renewed my B2 visa (I've renewed visas twice because me and my parents would go to US every year for tourism) and I went to the US to visit friends. They took me to a little room to have an interview as to why I was there, etc, but they let me in. They did write some number in a notebook and got my signature, but they issued me a 6 month stay.

I stayed the whole six months. It's been four months since then, and I wanted to go again so I can visit some colleges I've applied to that start this Fall (I need to give them some docs) and to visit my boyfriend.

1) Is is likely for my entry to be denied?

2) Is it ok for me to say that I'm going to be staying at my boyfriend's?

3) What documents other than passport and return tickets should I bring to prove that I am going to return home?

I am really scared of going because I've heard that they usually deny entry if you stay there for the whole duration of your I-94, is that true?

Does the fact that I had to go to the little room and sign my name and all that the first time interferes with my trip NOW?

Also, I need to pay off a debt I had at a hospital last year. Will that show in the Immigration Official's computer at the Port of entry?

I'd appreciate some help, please

Thank you in advance and I'm sorry for any stupid questions, I'm new here

Hey,

Last year I renewed my B2 visa (I've renewed visas twice because me and my parents would go to US every year for tourism) and I went to the US to visit friends. They took me to a little room to have an interview as to why I was there, etc, but they let me in. They did write some number in a notebook and got my signature, but they issued me a 6 month stay.

I stayed the whole six months. It's been four months since then, and I wanted to go again so I can visit some colleges I've applied to that start this Fall (I need to give them some docs) and to visit my boyfriend.

1) Is is likely for my entry to be denied?

2) Is it ok for me to say that I'm going to be staying at my boyfriend's?

3) What documents other than passport and return tickets should I bring to prove that I am going to return home?

I am really scared of going because I've heard that they usually deny entry if you stay there for the whole duration of your I-94, is that true?

Does the fact that I had to go to the little room and sign my name and all that the first time interferes with my trip NOW?

Also, I need to pay off a debt I had at a hospital last year. Will that show in the Immigration Official's computer at the Port of entry?

I'd appreciate some help, please

Thank you in advance and I'm sorry for any stupid questions, I'm new here

Hi, anya242

The problem is that you don't come here for tourism, you come here every year claiming it's for tourism or practical training purposes,but all the while you work at mcdonalds, dunkin-donuts,lucky-joe's or wherever else, you make/save some money (prolly $5000-6000), then you go back home and come back again next year...to do it all over again...now you also plan to marry some poor guy for a GC who doesn't even suspect what is really in your mind (but you can ask Michael, he already knows!)

You think people are stupid here?
    Think again!

When you realize that you are not the smartest person on planet Earth you will also get answers to most of your questions, all by yourself.

Good luck
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

I have never done such things. At all.

I have never worked at US on any types of visas. I went last year after not going for 5 years and I am 22. The previous visits were with my parents and I stayed for 2 or 3 weeks at Disneyword and Miami O_O.

I am actually planning to stay only for 2 weeks now so I can visit the colleges I applied to. I stayed the whole 6 months last year but I didn't work at all and didn't break ANY laws whatsoever.

I think you got the wrong impression. :/

Hehehe, you think am going to believe you? Hehehe
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

I thought you would, I'm telling the truth.

I am just asking because I am scared of being denied entry because I stayed the whole duration, that's all.

I have my application files and acceptance letters from the colleges, my scores at tests (I took, bank statements, credit cards, return tickets. I don't know if that's enough proof that I do NOT intend to immigrate, that's why I'm asking all these questions.

But thanks anyway.

Hello!
    You need to be very very careful!! what country are you coming from???
    I have a friend coming from overseas Denmark, and they sent her back, she was visiting as she always does, she bought another ticket and the second time, they let her in - she only visits for 1 month every year. No intentions to go to college whatsoever...

Staying the entire time allowed by your I-94 shouldn't be a cause to find inadmissibility. But remember, the burden is ON YOU to show you actually never worked or engaged in a violation of your terms of admission. That's why they ask questions.

If it's later discovered that you lied, you could be found to be inadmissible for life.

If you somehow didn't comply with the terms of admission, it will be on YOU to show a compelling reason as to why that happened.

The longer you stay, the more questions you will be asked, YOU have the burden of showing why you should be admitted.

However, if you did nothing wrong, and if you don't mind answering a few questions, you should be okay provided you actually intend to comply with all regulations.

If you have questions, ask a lawyer.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

I've heard of a lot of cases where people travelling to the US on the VWP or on a tourist visa have been denied entry.
    In most cases, it's people that repeatedly stay for lengthy periods in the US. If I remember rightly, they look at a rolling twelve month period, so if you've spent more time in the US than your home country, they could reach the conclusion that you're using the tourist visa (or VWP) to bypass immigration laws and maintain residence in the US.

More than showing your valid reasons for wanting to enter the US, I would take ample documentation that you don't intend to stay. They will be more interested in that if they have doubts. By this, I mean proof of ongoing ties to your home country, such as a lease or mortgage, proof of ongoing employment, utility bills and the like.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

The point I tried to make is that if the person has not stayed in the U.S. beyond the time allowed by the I-94, and if the person doesn't mind answering question and bearing the burden of proof (showing evidence), then the person should not be regarded as inadmissible, and could apply for admission provided the person does not intend to violate the law.

It's a completely different story when the person has overstayed the I-94 or violated status, i.e. being employed without authorization.

The person may be admissible, but will have the burden of proof when it comes to showing admissibility. That is true regardless of any time spent in the United States.

If the OP has questions, he/she should consult with a lawyer or official.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-