50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: admin. processing

it will be 8 month this week, since my case is still pending admin. processing ( the embassy stil tells me that), I spend the hardest days in my whole life, me and my wife is apart for almost three years. have anyone been in the same situation waiting for his admin. processing all that long? and what is the right thing to do to haste anything?
    how long it takes the congressman to answer? does any one have any experience with that? if yes, please tell me in time frame how it worked? I appreciate your help, I think this web site is like the only encouarging to me during these very hard days

it will be 8 month this week, since my case is still pending admin. processing ( the embassy stil tells me that), I spend the hardest days in my whole life, me and my wife is apart for almost three years. have anyone been in the same situation waiting for his admin. processing all that long? and what is the right thing to do to haste anything?
    how long it takes the congressman to answer? does any one have any experience with that? if yes, please tell me in time frame how it worked? I appreciate your help, I think this web site is like the only encouarging to me during these very hard days

In my opinion your waiting time has almost come to an end. So where you waited so long very patiently, please wait for few more days. I'm sure it won't take much. May be a couple of more months.

I wish you good luck

this is very nice thing to say
    I really appreciate it, I will do as you said as it is valued advice and it reached me as if it is like a wisdom or reading in tomorrow's book. thank you very much I will be waiting with patient, God willing it will take short time.
    Again accept my thanks

youngman

do you know what is the next step after they do the administrative processing? are they granting the visa or they ask for anything else or what? if you know the next step I would appreicate to know it.

The administrative processing? Sounds to me like your application might be stuck in FBI security check, which is one of the most common reasons for a long delay. If this happens, all the bets are off. The security clearance takes anywhere from 1 day to several years.

If your name happens to be one of the very unlucky ones to get a hit in FBI criminal database, and they have to manually verify infomation by looking at the papers stored in one of their field office, you are in for a long wait.

Unfortuantely, there isn't any remedy for this as FBI has stated that nothing would speed up the name check process, not even congressional intervention. There is a huge backlog for the name check process, and everyone wants theirs done first. To get yours done first means your application will have to jump over others people waiting in line, and that is simply not done except very few special cases.

i was in the procssing of k3 visa, so i do not know if it is name check or background check or just routine, but i am stuck since about 7 -8 monthes in this thing. I already contacted senators but one of them contacted the embassy here (embassy has nothing to do with that). what should I do, I cannot under any circumstances to just wait and wait anymore while the I 130 is supposed to be judged these days, according to the time they said since 2004 in July (they said 990 days, I mean they aleready prevented me fromg getting any benifit from K3 visa when it took all that long.
    can I make name check myself? contacting FBI, I am so clean person and have no fears whatsoever?
    advise me please.

Background check involves fingerprint check and name check. Fingerprint check never takes more than 2 weeks as either they have your record or they don't.

The name check is trickier. Even if you have a clean record, if FBI has a record of someone whose name is silmilar to yours, it could result in false hits. Those require manual checks by human hands, and that's where delays tend to exist.

First, you have to determine if that is indeed your problem. Second, once you find out, what is there to do? Here is the experience by some other people who got stuck in name check. Maybe it might help you a little.
    http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...d.php?t=136848

i know that web site and I read the story of Kumar many times, and yes it is really frustrating story. but how can I know that my case is name check ? (in fact I believe it is) but I just wanna make sure, so how can I do that? so I start to go to ask them for a clearance myself?