free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyl's amendments.

Can someone please explain to me what was in kyl's amendments that outraged reid to the point to kill any immigration bill?? This bill is so important and to see reid just stop all movement forward was just disappoiting.

Ive always said that if senate passes this bill, then the house would have no choice but to accept it, but now, it seem like things can go on a downhill.

Anyway, from what ive understood, kyl's and his friends were trying hard to gut the bill and minimize the amount of people that would be allow apply under it....

What im hearing is, the amendemtns looks like is an amendment that rebuff felons, etc etc to apply, but inside the bill, there are wording that are hidding which tries to gut the bill, and this is why reid was so upset.

Can someone please explain to me what was in kyl's amendments that outraged reid to the point to kill any immigration bill?? This bill is so important and to see reid just stop all movement forward was just disappoiting.

Ive always said that if senate passes this bill, then the house would have no choice but to accept it, but now, it seem like things can go on a downhill.

Anyway, from what ive understood, kyl's and his friends were trying hard to gut the bill and minimize the amount of people that would be allow apply under it....

What im hearing is, the amendemtns looks like is an amendment that rebuff felons, etc etc to apply, but inside the bill, there are wording that are hidding which tries to gut the bill, and this is why reid was so upset.

The Kyl amendment prevents the granting of benefits to most criminals and others who "are subject to a final order of removal". Sen. Kyl was clear that his intent was to ban those who already had one "outstanding order of removal" from adjusting under the Guest Worker provision but as Sen. Durbin observed, the wording of the statute leads one to believe that any visa overstay is "subject to an order of removal". Sen. Kyl was invited to modify the statute to avoid this confusion and to express his intent clearly.
    It's also not clear the intent behind the term "3 misdemeanors". It could mean 3 convictions of, for instance, simple assault or even very minor violations such as speeding, jaywalking or any other so-called "paperwork offense".
    This is a valid concern, Courts have spent endless hours trying to interpret the real meaning of a statute to make sure it covers only those Congress actually intended to cover. Sen Kyl himself has mentioned the clear intent behind his own statute, so a modification of its wording is in order (but it could be avoided by the insertion of a clause of intent).

houston??!! does that mean that anyone that is on deportation proceeding, will not be able to apply? being on deportation proceeding and getting a final order to deport arent the same....Lets say, you are schedule for a court hearing of anykind, would that stop you from applying for adjustment?

Also, im hearing that anyone that came to this country under a visa waiver, wont be able to adjust..can you clarify those 2 for me .

No, as explained by Sen. Kyl himself only those ordered removed will not be able to apply. If you're in proceedings but without a final order of removal you should be able to apply. However, by the plain wording of the statute, even people who "could" be placed in removal and be subject to a final order or those with 3 speeding tickets would be banned.
    This could simply be resolved by minor modifications to the statute, I don't understand why this is not done.
    The VWP statement is correct.

the visa waiver is correct? how so?...i know a couple of friends that came to the US, from europe, throught the visa waiver program and overstayed...So you mean all those european immigrants that came here under Vwp wont have a chance to apply?

I dont understand this for one reason and one reason only.

How can a mexican that cross the border with no expectation be able to adjust, whyle a european that came throught plane and was inspected ,not have a chance to apply?? this doesnt make no sense..Who would you rather have?

What about the ireland citizens? isnt ireland par of the guest visit program?

Why, if there is no hidden intent, why not change the statute to make it clear and just and then let the Senate vote on that?

Houston, you did not answer my question about the visa waiver immigrants...I live around the ireland community and there are a lot of people there that came here through visa waiver...so you mean all comprehensive bill have this "visa waiver applicants need not apply"?

if this is correct, then what will happen to the ireland immigrants? this is not fair that mexican can cross the border and still be able to adjust whyle ireland citizens will be banned..can someone please clarify this

According to Sen. Kyl they would be able to apply, according to the statute, they would not. This is why the problem could be easily solved by a simple change in the way the statute is worded.

So according the current immigration status, someone that is facing an immigration judge wont be able to adjust under any circumstances right?...and kyl's amendments allows a visa waiver entry to adjust?? i thought it was the opposite where kyl's amendment exclude visa waiver entries.

If this is true, then this will be a great travesty.

How can you tell a ireland illegal, that his illegal status is much worse then a mexican illegal status??...Everybody has o be treated the same because both nationals broke the law.

And, i will say that coming to the U.S by crossing the border with no kind of inspectation, is much worse then, coming here by plane, where your name is on the database and they know you did not come to ther US with weapons...What im saying is that when you cross the border unseen, you could be coming with all kinds of weapons whyle when you come by plane under inspectation, the US know they you didnt come in wih weapons.

So again, can someone please clarify to me that ireland nationals will have the same opportunity for amnesty alongside our brother, the mexicans.

All illegals should be on the same plane to get the amnesty plan or this will be a great travesty.