50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Family immigration question

I am a US citizen and have apllied for my parents immigratin few years back which they recently received and have migrated and have joined me in states.

I have 2 sisters that were living as dependednts on my parents backhome and under the circumstances cant be left alone on there own. what will be the best way to apply and expedite the immigration process for my 2 sisters so they can jon us here in states. Being a US citizen should i apply for there immigration or my parents can apply for them. They are both over 18 and were living with my parnets prior to there immigration. Is there a clause in immigration where the process can be expedited as they will have no one to look after them back home.

Please advise?

I am a US citizen and have apllied for my parents immigratin few years back which they recently received and have migrated and have joined me in states.

I have 2 sisters that were living as dependednts on my parents backhome and under the circumstances cant be left alone on there own. what will be the best way to apply and expedite the immigration process for my 2 sisters so they can jon us here in states. Being a US citizen should i apply for there immigration or my parents can apply for them. They are both over 18 and were living with my parnets prior to there immigration. Is there a clause in immigration where the process can be expedited as they will have no one to look after them back home.

Please advise?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by instantexcess:

Please advise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Petition brother to sisters can be long!

Your parents petitioning your sisters ( I assume they're both single) takes min of 5 years.

As a USC, you can petition for your siblings as long as you are over 21. But, as Speed said, it could take a long time. Read more below: (and good luck)!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Eligibility
    In order for a relative to sponsor you to immigrate to the United States, they must meet the following criteria:

They must be a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and be able to provide documentation providing that status.
    They must prove that they can support you at 125% above the mandated poverty line, by filling out an Affidavit of Support
    The relatives which may be sponsored as an immigrant vary depending on whether the sponsor is a U.S. Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.

If the sponsor is a U.S. Citizen, they may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the U.S:
    Husband or wife
    Unmarried child under 21 years of age
    Unmarried son or daughter over 21
    Married son or daughter of any age
    Brother or sister, if the sponsor is at least 21 years old, or
    Parent, if the sponsor is at least 21 years old.

My parents have the permenant residency what forms will be needed to apply for there daughteres immigration.

They will need to complete the I-130 (link) and file it with the required documentation.
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson