free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest Question

So, Honestly - because I don't know - what are WE supposed to "win" in Iraq? Maybe they win something (not sure what) but what will the US win? More special immigrants?

Hopefully a lot of dead moslems. The more dead moslems, the better.

Hi Dragonlady,

When you get some time, read this.

Even though I support ending this war as quickly as possible, the article presented another side for me.

Dragonlady,
    Mao Ze**** said "politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed." What this means is how one defines "victory in Iraq." Foreign Affairs article that Proud presented is an excellent example on one measure to define "sucess" or even "progress."

Despite the rhetoric from both sides, most people, including myself, wnat the war to end, but the more important question is how to achieve that goal. Full blown withdrawal without the preservation of an Iraqi stable government is not the way to go. Having significant military forces stationed in Iraq does not accomplish anything. For me, I want a government in Iraq that will counter Iran and Russian aggression. This is why the U.S. supported Saddam Hussein and the Mujaheddin in the 1980's.

And finally, hindsight is always 20/20.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

I supported the war, believed in all the things that were said at the time. I bought that "connection to 911" argument but didn't think much about it, in reality, I saw it as just "finishing the job".

People often talk about "support" for the war when in reality we don't have access to any intelligence reports, any evidence, any information whatsoever and all we can do is to support the troops. Those two, in my opinion, are very different things, but that's all any of us can do at this time.

There's nothing to gain out of Iraq, and sure, you can say it's all for the stability of the middle east but when you see the cost of this war, and that's something we all have access to, then you start questioning the motives, the intentions, the real objectives.

So, stabilize the middle east while the economy crumbles, while the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. Let's burn a bridge with every friendly nation just to pursue that war, create enemies out of friends in the name of some goal that cannot be achieved. Is that smart?

Next time you go to the store, tell the cashier you want "free groceries" in the name of the middle east stabilization goal. See what happens. You can't get a loan to pay for your medical bills because of the problems with the economy, but the government is borrowing like crazy in your name to pay for this war, and that's a debt future generations will have to pay.

This war, and all those new ones many are just itching to fight will leave this nation bankrupt, and that's just the beginning.

Instead of talking about progress, hope, technology improvements, healthcare and education, they talk about war. War and war and the rest is not important. That's a middle age approach to the 21st century, no excuse for that.

Can we just pick up and leave Iraq at this point? I know that's what I would like to see happen, but what would be the results of this action? Will it cause more instability and uncertainty in the middle east? I just don't know. I would like to hear input from others.

The first step to fix a problem is to admit there is one. That's the problem here.

McCain is not talking about plans to withdraw or end the war, he sees this as a good thing and he talks about "winning" and "victory" and the such.

Well, to me the war was won when Saddam was terminated. End of story. Why keep that thing going? We're not talking about zero presence, I would agree with diplomatic assistance, advisors, peace keepers, but no more war for Christ sake!

Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Can we just pick up and leave Iraq at this point? I know that's what I would like to see happen, but what would be the results of this action? Will it cause more instability and uncertainty in the middle east? I just don't know. I would like to hear input from others.
    Only one word explains it CHAOS followed by uncertainly, insecurity and destruction. If USA were to leave like that, there will be power vaccuum. Al Sadr and his followers are waiting for that moment. ****e and Sunni want to shed each other's blood. Iran, which is dominated by ****e, is also waiting for the moment to get a piece of pie of Iraq. The country will be torn apart by ****e, Sunnis, Al Sadr and Kurds. Not to mention Al Qaeda has also now entered the country, which creates the threat to survival of Israel. The entire region will destablize if US were to leave now. Not until it is stable to do so.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

I definitely do not support McCain's position on this war. I thought I heard him say something about pulling troops by 2011. That isn't a timeline most Americans want to hear.

I do hope during the debate tonight that the VP candidates can stick to the issues, rather than hurl insults back and forth. Fat chance of that happening - lol!

Originally posted by iperson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houston:
    The first step to fix a problem is to admit there is one. That's the problem here.
    I agree, the problem is that the war was a mistake in the first place, with no clear cut goals to achieve, which kept changing throughout. First there were supposed to be WMD- not found. Then evil Saddam- toppled. Then **** insurgents (thank god), the Sunni and Shia opposition. Then the troops argument- can't say anything negative about it. Then if you're not with us, you're against us. Tons of b.ull****. And no real goal other than fascist ideological dreams of conquering the Middle East. Dreams of a limitless Empire next? Maybe.

So yeah, I want the US to lose the war. It was never a right war, nor a just war. It was based on a lie, propaganda and deception. What did it bring? A destabilization not of Middle East which grew stronger than ever, but a destabilization of the US economy. Here's where we are today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are such an unpartiotic person. How can you say want US to lose war? Do you even know how many dead US soldiers will be there to lose a war. You are one hell of a hypocrite democrat who is looking out for her self. You have no value or concern for an American life.
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!