50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I must say...

4now:-and I agree with Iperson in that anybody who wants to "visit"/vacation here in usa should be allowed to come. no descrimination by country/penalized for family member being here. Especially now since the USvist system is in place.. they will know who overstayed.

I agree with this quote. I recently filed for a non-immigrant visa to go to USA (for my engagement party and vacation since my Mom is there) along with my husband to be and our daughter (my daughter from past marriage) his adopted daughter. I was bluntly told at the US consulate here in Italy that they will give him the visa but not me; since my Mother is there and people from other countries ECXEPT tend to go to USA and stay there on a non-immigrant visa once they have family there.

My hubby to be refused his visa and told them, we came as a family and we'll leave as a family. Given their stance, wanting me to return after the wedding and all they had to say, he is of the opinion that because I'm not Italian, no matter what I may do, they will still refuse me the visa base on that one statement.

It really makes me wonder just how they arrive at their conclusions at the Consulate/Embassy if they know people with non-immigrant visa can be traced if they overstay.

4now:-and I agree with Iperson in that anybody who wants to "visit"/vacation here in usa should be allowed to come. no descrimination by country/penalized for family member being here. Especially now since the USvist system is in place.. they will know who overstayed.

I agree with this quote. I recently filed for a non-immigrant visa to go to USA (for my engagement party and vacation since my Mom is there) along with my husband to be and our daughter (my daughter from past marriage) his adopted daughter. I was bluntly told at the US consulate here in Italy that they will give him the visa but not me; since my Mother is there and people from other countries ECXEPT tend to go to USA and stay there on a non-immigrant visa once they have family there.

My hubby to be refused his visa and told them, we came as a family and we'll leave as a family. Given their stance, wanting me to return after the wedding and all they had to say, he is of the opinion that because I'm not Italian, no matter what I may do, they will still refuse me the visa base on that one statement.

It really makes me wonder just how they arrive at their conclusions at the Consulate/Embassy if they know people with non-immigrant visa can be traced if they overstay.

that's why there is so much illegal immigration, and overstays. Illegals will rather pay coyotes to cross the border illegaly than to apply for visas, because they are affraid to be denied. As for overstays, they just don't leave, because they are affraid they will not get a chance to come back.
    'The forbidden fruit is always sweet' and that's why to keep illegal immigration to a minimum the US have to open up the borders, and trust people a little more.