publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: When can I apply for my US Citizenship? Please Help.

Hello Friends,
    I just had a quick question about US Citizenship. I am an Indian citizen married to a US citizen (I received my green card (permanent residency through marriage to a US citizen). Now I know I will be eligible to apply for my US citizenship sometime this year. I am just not sure when. I would like to get your opinion and advice. I became a green card holder on 08/05/05 and my card expires 08/23/15. Me and my wife were married on 06/29/02. We were living in Philly (that is where I got my green card) for almost 3.6 years and we recently moved to Northern Virginia on May1st 2008. Can you please advise me when can I apply for my citizenship? I know it almost takes 2 years here is Virginia so the earlier I start the better. Thank you so much in advance.

Raju

Ps Since becoming a permanent resident of US I took some trips to visit my parents in India here are the dates.

1st trip to India on 08/17/05 returned on 10/10/05
    2nd trip to India on 10/02/07 returned on 10/17/07

If you are still married to and in a viable marriage with the US citizen spouse, you became eligible to apply on 5/5/08, provided that you have resided in the PA district for 3 months.
    Originally posted by Raju:
    Hello Friends,
    I just had a quick question about US Citizenship. I am an Indian citizen married to a US citizen (I received my green card (permanent residency through marriage to a US citizen). Now I know I will be eligible to apply for my US citizenship sometime this year. I am just not sure when. I would like to get your opinion and advice. I became a green card holder on 08/05/05 and my card expires 08/23/15. Me and my wife were married on 06/29/02. We were living in Philly (that is where I got my green card) for almost 3.6 years and we recently moved to Northern Virginia on May1st 2008. Can you please advise me when can I apply for my citizenship? I know it almost takes 2 years here is Virginia so the earlier I start the better. Thank you so much in advance.

Raju

Ps Since becoming a permanent resident of US I took some trips to visit my parents in India here are the dates.

Originally posted by Raju:
    Hello Friends,

Raju

From India? Nomestay. Or Native American Indian? As From Canada???? My BAD! . Trips To India. Sorry.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

MakeItRight,

Isn't the answer obvious? He traveled to India to visit his parents. In the East.
    Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raju:
    Hello Friends,

Raju

From India? Nomestay. Or Native American Indian? As From Canada???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by swissnut:
    MakeItRight,

Isn't the answer obvious? He traveled to India to visit his parents. In the East. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raju:
    Hello Friends,

Raju

From India? Nomestay. Or Native American Indian? As From Canada???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Bad! Not Perfect! Continue Please!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Trips to India, parents in India, Raju...yes' I'd say it was pretty clear :lol:
    Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
    Hello Friends,

Raju

From India? Nomestay. Or Native American Indian? As From Canada???? My BAD! . Trips To India. Sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello swissnut,
    Thank you so much for your response. YES I am married to the same USC for more then 6 years now. By the way I moved from PA to VA so YES I have resided for almost 4 months now in my new address. I was just worried it is not 6 months. Once again thank you so much for your response. Great. Thanks.

Hello MakeItRight,
    Thank you so much for your response. YES I am from India. Love your logo I love Sherlock Holmes too (Only Jeremy Brett he is the best) Once again thank you so much for your response.

Hello SAMMY,
    Thank you so much for your response. Glad to know you noticed. Hey more eyes on a case is better then few if you know what I mean. With the response from everyone regarding my case/posting I am confident now to apply for my US Citizenship. I was mostly worried about the 3 or 6 month residency requirement since I have a new address. But now I am ready to file. Once again thank you so much for your response.

Raju