50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question on new fees...

I'm filling out an I-131 for my wife. We filed her I-130 and I-485 in early November, but held off on the I-131 until we knew when we needed to travel. Anyway, the language on the form reads "as of July 30, 2007". Normally, that means after, but in this case it seems to mean before. Is there a fee for an I-131 when we've already filed an I-485?

BTW, wife got her EAD today and we filed for it on 11/04/07. Not too bad.

I'm filling out an I-131 for my wife. We filed her I-130 and I-485 in early November, but held off on the I-131 until we knew when we needed to travel. Anyway, the language on the form reads "as of July 30, 2007". Normally, that means after, but in this case it seems to mean before. Is there a fee for an I-131 when we've already filed an I-485?

BTW, wife got her EAD today and we filed for it on 11/04/07. Not too bad.

One more stupid question. At what point is my wife considered a conditional permanent resident? When the NOA is sent after the I-485? Not sure if she just needs a reentry permit or advance parole here.

depending on how long you have been married depends on if she will be a legal permanent Resident or a conditional permanent Resident, if you havent been married for at least two years she will be a conditional resident, she will become this once you have been for your Interview and the immigration officer makes his/her decision, although saying this if you came on K1 or K3 visa you may not even have an interview, but you will not be a resident until you have the greencard. at the moment you are pending.

what visa did your wife come to the US on?
    depending on her status before you filed depends on if it is worth filing for the I-131, if she overstayed her visa then dont bother applying and wait till she gets her greencard.

If you paid the amount of $1010 for your processing fees, I am sure the I-131 will be free of charge, providing you send copies of your 797c Notice of Action for the 130 and 485, but I am not 100% sure about this, maybe someone else can say 4 sure.

Thanks so much. We got married this past October, so green card is a ways off. But I wonder if the 797C means she's granted immediate conditional status and if that means she needs a reentry permit or advance parole. I'll call USCIS about the fees tomorrow. I did pay the $1010 when filing the I-130 and I-485.

BTW, she came here on an F1, finished school, got a job with an H1B sponsor and has never been out of status.

if you are changing from Hib to marriage based, then you will be getting an interview, they will let you know either at the interview or soon after that you will or will not be getting the Conditional resident greencard.

Call Uscis tomorrow and check out the I-131.

If you are already going thru the process of changing status to marriage based, I dont know if she can travel on the H1b visa, as the marriage based process is pending, hopefully someone will come along and give you correct information.

I wish you all the best.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks so much. We got married this past October, so green card is a ways off. But I wonder if the 797C means she's granted immediate conditional status and if that means she needs a reentry permit or advance parole </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

797C is a notice of action.like a reciepts or a request for finger Print. 797C For 1-485 they already assign your wife an alien number... remember that number , thats the same number she will use on her GC.
    this doesn't mean she's got her conditinal GC. yet... They will decide and grant that after interview

Well, I called USCIS and the first guy I asked about the fees was unsure. So he put me back in the queue and the next guy said I had to pay the fee for the I-131. Whatever. I wrote the check, but also wrote in my letter of explanation that I thought the $1010 for the I-485 should cover it, but didn't want any hold ups, so I was including the $305 to make thing go more quickly. We'll see.