free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divorce and Conditional Green Card

Hello, Friend of My is going through Divorce Procedure. She was married in 2005, and was separated in 2007 because of abusive husband and his family were giving her hard time. She had hired a lawyer who got her extension of 1 year on her conditional green card, and it is due to expire in next couple of months. She tried working things out with her husband last year but her husband didn't change and he filed for Divorce in February of 2008 which is still under process.

Her Divorce Attorney is always Busy to talk with her, she can't go to see him as she is living far in different state and is dependent on relatives. On phone he doesn't talk much with her and stretching procedure carelessly not filing papers quick. Her Immigration Lawyer who filed her extension of Conditional Green Card last year is out of town for couple of weeks and can't be reached.

please advice what's next? How can she renew her Conditional Green Card? Marriage was done in good faith, she still cares about her husband but her husband's family no longer wants anything with her. She is by herself dependent on her relatives for everything, who do not have much knowledge of this stuff and not much helpful.

Please help. Thank you.

Hello, Friend of My is going through Divorce Procedure. She was married in 2005, and was separated in 2007 because of abusive husband and his family were giving her hard time. She had hired a lawyer who got her extension of 1 year on her conditional green card, and it is due to expire in next couple of months. She tried working things out with her husband last year but her husband didn't change and he filed for Divorce in February of 2008 which is still under process.

Her Divorce Attorney is always Busy to talk with her, she can't go to see him as she is living far in different state and is dependent on relatives. On phone he doesn't talk much with her and stretching procedure carelessly not filing papers quick. Her Immigration Lawyer who filed her extension of Conditional Green Card last year is out of town for couple of weeks and can't be reached.

please advice what's next? How can she renew her Conditional Green Card? Marriage was done in good faith, she still cares about her husband but her husband's family no longer wants anything with her. She is by herself dependent on her relatives for everything, who do not have much knowledge of this stuff and not much helpful.

Please help. Thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amit231:
    Hello, Friend of My is going through Divorce Procedure. She was married in 2005, and was separated in 2007 because of abusive husband and his family were giving her hard time.

Marriage was done in good faith, she still cares about her husband but her husband's family no longer wants anything with her. She is by herself dependent on her relatives for everything, who do not have much knowledge of this stuff and not much helpful.

Please help. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Them another fraudster seeking advice. A husband was abusive then why does she still care. Oh yeah..the conditional greencard. Hhhmmmm....needs him to make it permanent and then take care of it. Wow...a nice way to defraud USC and Govt.

I TOLD YA PEOPLE COME HERE FOR FRAUD ADVICE
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

amit231 please don't pay attention to whiteUSCNeedsHelp. There are alot of people that will give you their opinion/advice... Do NOT reply otherwise he will NOT stop... IGNORE!!!

"TROLL ALERT"
    "TROLL ALERT"

"TROLL ALERT"
    "TROLL ALERT"

Her husband's Family is against her and they putting pressure on Husband, which didn't help to get back with him.

I haven't met her personally, I spoke on phone with her few times through friend when she needed some advise. If you can't help, please don't answer. I am just trying to help, and personally I don't think she cares what happens as she is just tired, and tried suicide couple of time. Again, just helping her.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amit231:
    Her husband's Family is against her and they putting pressure on Husband, which didn't help to get back with him.

I haven't met her personally, I spoke on phone with her few times through friend when she needed some advise. If you can't help, please don't answer. I am just trying to help, and personally I don't think she cares what happens as she is just tired, and tried suicide couple of time. Again, just helping her. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok..Now I do believe you. Just disregard that filthy speed. He and Jsalas etc are here to help criminals. Jsalas is one of them who is on TPS meaning banned from USA. Just send me a PM and I will get you in touch with a friend of mine who can help you out. I have a friend name Amit from Bangalore, India. Are you from India as well?
    I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

She could try to file an I-751 alone (normally the form requires the USC's signature) accompanied by a letter explaining that she is in the process of divorce but is awaiting her estranged husband's reply to the divorce petition and hope that when she receives an RFE or further information from USCIS she has a divorce decree by then. But before doing anything she should use the immigration attorney she has to find out what type of "extension" he secured for her. I am not aware that an extension is possible. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amit231:

Please help. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swissnut, usually an extension is granted if the conditional residency is due to expire and the petitioner's filed for removal of conditions.

It is possible to file without the husband. She would need to apply for a waiver, and she could have her application approved on the basis of a good faith marriage. She would need to provide plenty of evidence that she entered in to the marriage in good faith and that it was a bona fide relationship, despite the divorce. Photos of them as a couple, evidence of joint bills, tenancy/mortgage, bank accounts, and affidavits from friends and family that knew them as a couple.

And as always, if she's unhappy with her lawyer, then she should put him/her on notice and seek a consultation with someone else.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

White nyc needshelp,why is it you have to be so snubbish and rude?Why is when a person explains that they have problems with their spouses and that the spouse who sponsors them to the U.S. has been abusive to them,you come out of your shell and attack them branding them as fraudsters,that's not nice,as you are an ignorant f**l who needs to have a life of your own,you never stop from accusing people that they are either using some one to gain access to residency status or some thing of such...Stop thinking as low the way that you think...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
    Swissnut, usually an extension is granted if the conditional residency is due to expire and the petitioner's filed for removal of conditions.

It is possible to file without the husband. She would need to apply for a waiver, and she could have her application approved on the basis of a good faith marriage. She would need to provide plenty of evidence that she entered in to the marriage in good faith and that it was a bona fide relationship, despite the divorce. Photos of them as a couple, evidence of joint bills, tenancy/mortgage, bank accounts, and affidavits from friends and family that knew them as a couple.

And as always, if she's unhappy with her lawyer, then she should put him/her on notice and seek a consultation with someone else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amit may not apply for 751 waiver until divorce is final and have decree in hand to send with the petition.

Originator of the thread is third party without accurate information for any real determinations to be made. Poster needs to supply accurate information with timelines.. If in fact a joint petition was ever filed.. or if attorney filed a hardship waiver just to get an extension.(As I believe Swiss was hinting at) Anything less than that will merely be speculation on our part.