free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE !!

Ok, i lived for several years in Panama City, Panama. And meet my future wife there, have known her and dated her for several years. Now I am coming back to the USA and want to bring her.

The problem is this, she was at one time (over 10 years ago) arrested and deported from the United States. She was with someone that was arrested for Drugs and she spent almost a year in Jail here in USA before she was deported.

How do I go about getting her back into the USA?

Ok, i lived for several years in Panama City, Panama. And meet my future wife there, have known her and dated her for several years. Now I am coming back to the USA and want to bring her.

The problem is this, she was at one time (over 10 years ago) arrested and deported from the United States. She was with someone that was arrested for Drugs and she spent almost a year in Jail here in USA before she was deported.

How do I go about getting her back into the USA?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jordan:

How do I go about getting her back into the USA? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not sure from the post if you are married or not. If not married, you will need to start the paperwork for the K-1 visa. If married, you will need to start the paperwork for the K-3 visa.

you may also need to file a waiver to explain the circumstances. My recommendation is to hire a good lawyer.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

no we are not married, however i have no problem with getting married. whichever way will get her here the quickest..

Quickest way is an immigrant visa petition for a spouse of an American citizen married less than two years, CR-1 Immigrant Visa. However your chances of getting a waiver for a woman deported for drug smuggling is very low.

He didn't say she was arrested for smuggling drugs and it's been 10 years since this happened. I think he at least has a shot at filing a successful petition for her. People do have the ability to reform, Fede.

well, i am not sure what exactly she was charged with, she said she was charged with drug however, i did a internet background check and nothing came back,and I also called the last place that detained her and they said she was not detained for drug charges, that she over stayed her visa.

She said, when they deported her that they told her she can come back after 10 years. It has been 12.

Finding out why, and getting a copy of the deportation order has been a real hassle. Plus just getting her immigration file will take a year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jordan:
    well, i am not sure what exactly she was charged with, she said she was charged with drug however, i did a internet background check and nothing came back,and I also called the last place that detained her and they said she was not detained for drug charges, that she over stayed her visa.

She said, when they deported her that they told her she can come back after 10 years. It has been 12.

Finding out why, and getting a copy of the deportation order has been a real hassle. Plus just getting her immigration file will take a year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can hand in for FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) to get all the papers. This way you'll know exactly what USCIS has on her.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

yes, my attorney has those documents form G-639. However, when i spoke to the department of homeland security they said they are behind on processing these requests, they said it takes 12-18 months to get those files.

WITH THE US UNEMPLOYMENT RATE BEING 10% HOW THE HELL CAN THEY BE SHORT HANDED AND NOT ABLE TO PROCESS THESE FASTER. unbelievable.

yes, my attorney has those documents form G-639. However, when i spoke to the department of homeland security they said they are behind on processing these requests, they said it takes 12-18 months to get those files.

WITH THE US UNEMPLOYMENT RATE BEING 10% HOW THE HELL CAN THEY BE SHORT HANDED AND NOT ABLE TO PROCESS THESE FASTER. unbelievable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You could request expided processing. If approved, it would shorten the wait time considerable. To qualify, you must show:

(1) circumstances in which the lack of expedited treatment could reasonably be expected to pose an imminent threat to the life or physical safety of an individual;
    or

(2) an urgency to inform the public about an actual or alleged federal government activity, if made by a person primarily engaged in disseminating information.

In addition, a request for expedited processing must include a statement, certified true and correct, explaining the basis for requesting expedited treatment. If a requester asks for expedited processing and fails to meet the above criteria, USCIS will process the request in the appropriate track using the first in/first out system. We will make a decision to grant or deny an expedited processing request

USCIS FOIA Guide

Technically, FOIA requests should have a response within 20 working days, excluding holidays or weekends. It can take an additional ten working days if USCIS needs additional time.

Also, I agree with Koller. However, you need to mail the request to a specific address, which is in the guide. I would recommend certified with return receipt. Once the signature is seen, that is the time when USCIS receives the request. IF you go to a USCIS info pass appointment, internal mail has no control whatsoever.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre