50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-693 with AOS application?

I am applying for marriage based AOS application (I130,I485 etc) in Oklahoma city. I was wondering if i need to submit I-693 at the time of application or do i need to wait for INS to inform me to go for medical test.

Note:i m not on K1 in US if that matters while answering the question .

I am applying for marriage based AOS application (I130,I485 etc) in Oklahoma city. I was wondering if i need to submit I-693 at the time of application or do i need to wait for INS to inform me to go for medical test.

Note:i m not on K1 in US if that matters while answering the question .

Hi rob

It depends on what the procedure at the local office requires. this varies among different cities in US. some office require that you submit the i693 at same time as other paperwork (485/765 etc). It however is a definite must at time of interview. and the envelope must remain sealed! If Oklahoma is an area where AOS is taking long, and it is not required by the local office at time of submission.. then I would wait until interview is ready b/c there is an expiration date on medical. and you would have to pay the fee again to have the medical redone. check with the oklahoma center to see their requirment on medical submission.

Also in repsonse to th dui. that should show up when they do the background check from the UK. Be ready for the interview questions. Your DUI did not happen here. and make sure it doesnt happen while you are adjusting and waiting for citizenship papers. (just a thought)
    save your money on the lawyer fees. Just be honest when asked about it.

HOw do you like US so far.. Not much different is it. Silly me.. the beer is not as good . right

thanks a lot for the reply..

i think i will be a brave about the DUI thing and file the application without hiring a lawyer..i will submit the court record with the application..

about liking US..so far so good..i live on the east coast..its quite nice here...havent seen much though...by the way..u wont believe me..just couple of minutes back i was talking to my wife about the beer thing..its no good here..

rob