50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: interview related plz help

Hello, After waiting 1yr finally i got an interview letter for family immigratin. But the year of birth of my wife n kids are diffrent in letter.Although NVC has approved the original birth cert and passport biograhy. But they have not changed year of birth.May be 10 yrs back my mother mistakenly put wrong year for my wife n one kid. Others kids and mine is ok.I have NVC letter it says Birth cert ,marriage cert, pcc original approved.I am in dilemma ,what should i do because in interview letter year of birth is 1yr wrong for both my wife and daughter.Will it be problem since our interview date is next month.But it has been approved by NVC . Plz any advice.

Hello, After waiting 1yr finally i got an interview letter for family immigratin. But the year of birth of my wife n kids are diffrent in letter.Although NVC has approved the original birth cert and passport biograhy. But they have not changed year of birth.May be 10 yrs back my mother mistakenly put wrong year for my wife n one kid. Others kids and mine is ok.I have NVC letter it says Birth cert ,marriage cert, pcc original approved.I am in dilemma ,what should i do because in interview letter year of birth is 1yr wrong for both my wife and daughter.Will it be problem since our interview date is next month.But it has been approved by NVC . Plz any advice.

Just to clarify:

Your wife's birth certificate and the birthdate that is on the form don't match?

Where are you doing your interview?
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

It could just be a typo.

I suggest calling them to check whether they do have the correct details, and if not, how to go about fixing them.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

contact them before the interview, make copys of the original correct documents and mark it were it needs to be fixed and send it to them, i believe each embassy has(900#) get the number and call them and ask them what is the best way to send the documents! by mail or fax? and if the case is still at the nvc then its alot easier to deal with , like i said , make a cover letter and send all the documents with whatever they sent u that needs to be fixed and they will fix it . do it before the interview bcz they can deny their entry if the info doesn't match