free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: immigrant rights

I have a friend who is being forced to leave the country with her husband. Her husband is a US citizen and so is her son, she is illegal as well as her young daugther, but has been in US for 8 years. He is a domestic violence case on a few occasions but never reported, because of her fear to get deported. Does she have the right to stay in the country? Does he have the right to leave the country with the children without her? I have fallen in love with this woman and I am looking for any way possible to keep her and her children here and let him go away alone? HELP!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!

I have a friend who is being forced to leave the country with her husband. Her husband is a US citizen and so is her son, she is illegal as well as her young daugther, but has been in US for 8 years. He is a domestic violence case on a few occasions but never reported, because of her fear to get deported. Does she have the right to stay in the country? Does he have the right to leave the country with the children without her? I have fallen in love with this woman and I am looking for any way possible to keep her and her children here and let him go away alone? HELP!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!

Someone12
    who cares??

wait for the amnesty..she will get amnesfied..if she has a us citizen kid, then she could make a case for hardship..or if you are a U.S citizen, then the easiest way is for you to marry her and adjust her status there, that would be the easiest way unless she has a criminal records.

" amnesfied " ??????

Someone12 dont bother, I will not play your game

Jean--I understand, The problem right now is I have been going through divorce for about five months and I am waiting to finalize. She has not been discovered, but her EX is trying to get her to leave by scaring her, saying she will get deported and never see her kids again if she does not act fast. He reported her to her work to try to get her away from me. He thinks it is a game and he is looking for ultimate victory. I don't care about cost I will keep her here. Looking for good imm. attorney???????????????

she have the right to stay in the country?
    No, but she can apply for VAWA - battered spouse.She have to go to immigr attorney and tell the truth about hes sityation, that he is abusive etc.

Does he have the right to leave the country with the children
    Of course, because he is a daddy.

If her husband decides to leave the country on his own, can he come back without a fight? He is due for final deportation proceedings in August, but wants to leave in May.

Wheter he does or does not leave the country, should she still file, battered spouse report? Just in case! Is she better off to wait til he leaves or to do it while he is here. Which one will guarentee that he stays away more?

If I get her legalized, what ability do I have to get her parents and eledest son the same result? Does Amnesty come into play? Or is it an immediate status change for them as well? They have a five year old US citizen granddaughter.

IF she gets legalized, SHE is the one who has to sponsor her parents, and she can't do that until such times as she gets U.S. citizenship. Ditto, her eldest son, and his ability depends on his age. Of course, from the sound of it, you're more than a "friend", and I kind of wonder how it would play out if the husband brings up your role in their break up to immigration. I would guess (I'm not a lawyer and you should see one) that since she's here illegally, she runs the risk of deportation if she applies under VAWA and doesn't get it.

Well, truthfully right now I am nothing more than a great friend, but the way I feel for her is incredible. I do however, understand what you mean about the way immigration would feel about me being involved in their break-up.

He has been the initial cause and he is aware of it, but he does have a weapon if he can prove my existance. For now I have told her to keep the VAWA claim quiet, for a similar concern as you mention. She does have to prove that she is in fear/danger for/of her life. Now her parents and several other people can be witness to this, but it will not weigh well, if she is accused of infidelity at the same time. This is the main reason for not bringing our relationship any further until her and my divorces are final.

I do understand what you are saying AliBA and I thank you for the response. Now when I do get her paperwork fully in order, how long should it take to get her parents and son(12) the same result if she sponsors them? Does it fall into the ten year plan or can it be almost immediate to be eligible to file once she is granted citizenship? Does adoption need to come into play? It is likely!

Thank you!