free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Emergency Response Needed !!! I-485- Visas- I-131

I have a question:

My stepmother's mother (my grandma) just passed away this weekend in Haiti. She has a valid 5 years visas and she has not overstayed her I-94 expiration date. She is in the process of doing the I-485 (adjustment of Status to permanent resident) which was approved and as she just did the biometrics (Fingerprints and all)today. Now she is waiting for the interview date.

My question is:

I want to know if she will be able to go to Haiti and come back on her Visas? Does the Adjustment of Status affects her Visas?

If her visas is not valid anymore, The travel document I-131, how long will it take for her to receive an approval or denial from the state department (estimated time). Given this is a death situation, do you think expecting a result within 2 weeks is an unreasonnable time?

Can you advice and educate me on the best course of action, please?

Thank You.

I have a question:

My stepmother's mother (my grandma) just passed away this weekend in Haiti. She has a valid 5 years visas and she has not overstayed her I-94 expiration date. She is in the process of doing the I-485 (adjustment of Status to permanent resident) which was approved and as she just did the biometrics (Fingerprints and all)today. Now she is waiting for the interview date.

My question is:

I want to know if she will be able to go to Haiti and come back on her Visas? Does the Adjustment of Status affects her Visas?

If her visas is not valid anymore, The travel document I-131, how long will it take for her to receive an approval or denial from the state department (estimated time). Given this is a death situation, do you think expecting a result within 2 weeks is an unreasonnable time?

Can you advice and educate me on the best course of action, please?

Thank You.

Hello Jean

sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. Travel on her visa is no problem since it is still valid. The problem is she has applied for adjustment of status, and it may get considered abandoned if she travels without an advanced parole I-131.
    Go to uscis office and make appointment to speak with I/O about situation for approval so that her leaving will not trigger an abandonment.

Good luck.

A dead person cannot travel.

A person outside the U.S. cannot adjust status.

A person adjusting status in the U.S. needs advanced parole to travel.

The State Department does not issue Advanced Paroles.

An AP can be issued quickly by the District Office having jurisdiction over the alien in question.

So, who is traveling? The dead grandmother, because no one else is mentioned except you.

Do dead people need visas ? I know people are dying to come to America, but this crazy woman

oh, boy! this dumbass again? he has asked the same stupid questions 100 times. Haiti? no wonder it has taken them a year to fix up that messy little country after the earthquake. Seems that they all have an i.q. stuck in one digit. What about that voodoo thing? guess it doesn't work either.

buy ugg boots
    ugg boots sale
    ugg boots
    buy ugg
    Moncler Jackets
    Moncler women's jackets
    <a href="http://www.monclerr.com/moncler-jackets-men-c-3.html" target="_blank">Moncler Men's
    Jackets</a>
    <a href="http://www.monclerr.com/moncler-jackets-men-c-3.html" target="_blank">Moncler down
    jackets</a>
    Moncler Coats
    Moncler Women's Coats
    moncler clothing
    Moncler Men's Coats
    moncler outerwear
    Moncler Sweater
    moncler outlet
    Moncler Vest
    moncler sale
    Moncler Polo
    cheap moncler