50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: USC Child in another country

I have student who is a USC but is living in another country. She is still 14 years old. She wants to enter the US with her mother. Is there any way for this USC child and her mother to enter the US now? I heard that the child has to be 18 or 21 before she can petition her mother? Her US passport will expire in 2010. Her mother married a USC and lived in the US until my student was born. But the marriage did not go well and her parents divorced. Her mother took her home to her country where they are residing now. What can do? Let's help them. Thanks to all of you.

I have student who is a USC but is living in another country. She is still 14 years old. She wants to enter the US with her mother. Is there any way for this USC child and her mother to enter the US now? I heard that the child has to be 18 or 21 before she can petition her mother? Her US passport will expire in 2010. Her mother married a USC and lived in the US until my student was born. But the marriage did not go well and her parents divorced. Her mother took her home to her country where they are residing now. What can do? Let's help them. Thanks to all of you.

The U.S. citizen child can freely enter America at any time, and remain in the country indefinitely and without restriction. When her U.S. passport expires, she can easily renew it at the U.S. Embassy in her country of residence (or through regular procedures if she is in the United States).

The child CANNOT sponsor her mother for U.S. residency until she is 21 years old. In order to request entry to America, the mother would require a visa from the U.S. Consulate (or request entry with the Visa-Waiver Program if she is a citizen of an eligible country).

As the mother of a U.S. citizen, it would almost certainly be better if the mother obtained a visa, most likely a B-1/B-2 tourist visa, before attempting entry - as it would appear that she has the presumption of immigrant intent. I think that it might be difficult to convince a Customs and Border Protection officer at the port-of-entry that the mother of a U.S. citizen, entering with the VWP, is truly entering as a tourist. Having a tourist visa from the U.S. Consulate helps in this regard.

It does appear from your post, however, that the mother may, indeed, intend to immigrate to America by entering as a tourist and remaining illegally. It is increasingly difficult to remain illegally in America, and I would caution against this course.

did the mother ever obtain a greencard form the marriage with usc?

The mother doesn't know if her ex-husband really filed AOS for her before. Her ex just told her he did applied but because they divorced, he cancelled the application.

yes lets help them ,,14 yrs old need a mom to keep track of her. especially in this country where girls have babies at 12 and 13 yrs old.

Well.. how does the mother feel about going to college? I say a little more education never hurt anybody. apply to a college.. junior college something cheap. and apply for a f-1 (student visa) Who knows, maybe while she is here .. she will meet someone to get married to again.

I assume the mom was overstayed when she left. maybe she has a bar for overstay...

what is timeline of this stuff.

Leila2007

I really understand you

I have two USC children one is 14 yrs old and my girl is 15 yrs old.

or the last four my son was attending a US like school here in this country, however we could not afford it this year and he will not attend school, no other school will accept him because such school is accreditted here, only in US.

My daugther has not being accepted at any school here and she has not attended school for the last four years, She has DOwn Syndrome and even though she is quite self-sufficient the schools here have no programs for her.

Along with all that public schools are for citizens only they are US citizens therefore no chance to go to school.

If during the course of your research for the girl you mention, you find something interesting, please share it with us.

jvicky26@yahoo.com