publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Getting married to a USC but she doesn't make enough $?? Problem?

hello,

I am a IT consultant and am getting married to my gf of 2 yrs. Only problem is that she is a student thus does not make any money. I make enough for both of us but the question is considering she is a USC who will be sponsoring me how would this work? Would they require her to make enough $ or is my income good enough? Her parents won't co sponsor that much I know for sure. Please advise.

Thank you..

Larin

hello,

I am a IT consultant and am getting married to my gf of 2 yrs. Only problem is that she is a student thus does not make any money. I make enough for both of us but the question is considering she is a USC who will be sponsoring me how would this work? Would they require her to make enough $ or is my income good enough? Her parents won't co sponsor that much I know for sure. Please advise.

Thank you..

Larin

This may help you:

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm

According to the INS, you can count the assets of the person being sponsored.

That's the way I understand that page. It's at the bottom.

HOpe that helps

My wife and I were in the same position as you. I was working and she was staying home. In the affidavit your wife needs to include your income as well her income and clarify that your income is the main source for your "intended family." INS did not have a problem with that so you shouldn't either. Good luck.

Some INS laws are so damn stupid. This is one of them.

I LOVE people like you who are give a helping hand to total strangers...

Thank you!!

My husband and I are in the same situation. It is my understand that you can count your income, but you must prove that it will continue in the future -- a letter from your employer usually. As a consultant, this may be more difficult for you, so be thinking about what is good documentation to prove your income is stable and you will be able to support yourself. If I were you, I would find someone to cosponsor just in case.

You can look for a co-sponsor it can be friend ,relative
    If you have enough savings in your bank account ,steady job and you make enough to qualify it helps but to find co sponsorship is best .since your spouce is U S citizen she may have some friends who can help
    Ask many people whom you know for this help ,they have nothing to loose .
    Make all arrangement of papers before interveiw otherwise some times if rejected too much trouble

If you make above the poverty line, you don't need a co sponsor. My friend made no money. She was a housewife by the time the interview rolled around, but her immigrant husband made more than 125 % above poverty line by himself. The INS interviewer saw this as normal. Lots of American families have only one income. It does not matter which one, as long as the house hold meets the criteria. The interviewer just asked her how she liked being a homemaker now. She replied that she loved it and the interview was sucessful.

I have seen this question posted on other boards and by different couples also, same answer was given to all of them. It is normal for a husband to support his wife and family in America. It's no different for an immigrant husband.