50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Partnership Dispute

I have a question that is not immigration related. My dad and uncle have a business in partnership. There is no formal agreement, but their names are legally on as owners. My uncle has bought a another business of the same type in the same town and about 8 miles away. To me there seems to be a violation of some sort of uniform partnership law. Is there anything that would define conflict of interest on my uncle's side.

I have a question that is not immigration related. My dad and uncle have a business in partnership. There is no formal agreement, but their names are legally on as owners. My uncle has bought a another business of the same type in the same town and about 8 miles away. To me there seems to be a violation of some sort of uniform partnership law. Is there anything that would define conflict of interest on my uncle's side.

You're asking this question as if you could reasonably expect that illegal aliens...who have already proven their lack of respect for the rule-of-law...to honor their obligations and commitments, whether formal or informal.

Is this a business in which illegal aliens (the owners) work...er, illegally?

SunDevilUSA,

Where were you last night? The Imperial Wizard wasn't please. You need to start taking our meeting seriously. Remember we made a exception to the rule when we invited you in as the only non white. Now live up to our expectation!

PS - If any of my white brothers and sisters wish to get information on the Klu Klax Klan please go to www.kkk.com. Have a special going on now. Hurry!

THREE LYING FASCISTS CAUGHT RED-HANDED !!!

Antivirus,
    Since there is no formal agreement, legally enforceable and where it prohibits certain activities of your uncle, it does not constitute a conflict of interest.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Not gonna help if its gas station/convinience store but if its a franchise, might want to take a look at the franchise rules and territorial protection (if there's any).

I tend to agree. A "non-compete clause" would be the element that would come into play. Nonetheless, I suppose absent a non-compete, if there is trully an issue of this new entity impacting the success of their partnership, I guess one could always argue that the uncle-partner has breached his fiduciary interest. That would have to be well documented, and I suspect that's not easy to do. Revenues can be impacted by many variables and to pin it down to one is difficult.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.