50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: marry or not to marry?

i will be eligible to bcom a citizen in 3 month . i am getting a conflicting opinions on how best to get my girl friend here into the USA. some sugegest i go aheard and marry her so i can file my papers as a married man and include her information when i am filing the citizenship. other say i go aheard and get my citizenship 1st and later invites her as my fiancee since that will get her here faster and the wife thing. which one will be better? any good ideas? thanks

i will be eligible to bcom a citizen in 3 month . i am getting a conflicting opinions on how best to get my girl friend here into the USA. some sugegest i go aheard and marry her so i can file my papers as a married man and include her information when i am filing the citizenship. other say i go aheard and get my citizenship 1st and later invites her as my fiancee since that will get her here faster and the wife thing. which one will be better? any good ideas? thanks

What country is she from?
    さん,がんばれ!

Fiance Visa my friend...thats the only secure and best way to ensure everyhting goes smoothly without problems.

If you marry her while she visits you, she will get in trouble for coming to the us under false reasons and also,the whole process can take years because of that.

Besides,wait till you oficially become a us citizen.

And thats a good question "where is she from" and what country are u originally from...

thats important to detect fraud,as far INS goes.
    Country and background matters...all it does is delay things either way.

My advice go by the book, because getting married without fiance visa is a big risk and u do not wanna face all that hasle and trouble u and your wife then might face.
    And mostly everyone should remember,when u marry a US citizen does not make you secure as afar yoru status goes...u still can be sent back home or make you wait couple years,even just to get your work permit.

ps: can u sponser her? cause either way u have to proof u make a certain amount a year.