publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: When does the Nat 5 year count start, for then conditional residents, now permanent?

Hi, first off, we tried to google site search ILW for 1.5 hours to no avail so please forgive us if this has already been covered here.

My mom married a US Citizen (naturalized in 1995), in a 2004 US marriage, who also happens to be my biological dad (he left us when I was one, he had another family in the US, and decided to bring us here after 13 years of abandonment since 1984, to cut the long story short).

Chronology:
    2005 - Temporary Permanent Residence issued for mom + me
    2007 - i-751, conditional removed, Green Card no longer temporary, expires 2017

2010 - mom wants to apply for N-400 Naturalization Citizenship

My dad says she can't be qualified yet because the 5-year mark begins in 2007 and not in 2005. We've reviewed the M-476 guides, etc. and cannot find anything that says this.

Now Wikipedia is not a reliable source but this was stated in the P.R. page without footnote:

"...this two-year conditional residence period counts towards time as a permanent resident for all purposes including naturalization. However, the application for the removal of conditions must be adjudicated before naturalization can be granted to the applicant."

1. Is this true? Can she now start filing as a 5-year resident? When does the 5 year count begin? Do we count when the first temporary permanent resident card was issued which says "Resident since: 2005" or the 2007 year when condition was lifted?

2. She doesn't want to file using the >3-year married to US Citizen / Gov'T employee route as he has (YET AGAIN) been cheating on my mom and we found pictures of naked women, webcams, lingerie, condoms, and neighborhood accounts of the multiple women he brought home before we arrived in 2004. Sorry, TMI.

Thanks very much in advance for all your input. I will try my very best to help out my mom and live our lives independently from my dead beat dad. He used to be a good provider (6 yrs), but never had been a father.

Welcome. Your mom can apply this year. Once you become an LPR regardless if it is "temporary" as you put it or not, that is the beginning date for Natz purposes. The I-751 simply removes the 2yr conditional PR status once approved.

As with the I-751, she can apply up to 90 days before her LPR status gained date (the date on the card).
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Thanks very much, Brit for the confirmation. I just don't like that my dad is treating us like ****ing idiots. I don't know why he would say that we should begin counting from 2007, as though he wants to delay my mom's citizenship process. She's doing it actually to apply for a third job for the upcoming elections.

Originally posted by Emmie:
    Hi, first off, we tried to google site search ILW for 1.5 hours to no avail so please forgive us if this has already been covered here.

My mom married a US Citizen (naturalized in 1995), in a 2004 US marriage, who also happens to be my biological dad (he left us when I was one, he had another family in the US, and decided to bring us here after 13 years of abandonment since 1984, to cut the long story short).

Chronology:

My dad says she can't be qualified yet because the 5-year mark begins in 2007 and not in 2005. We've reviewed the M-476 guides, etc. and cannot find anything that says this.

Now Wikipedia is not a reliable source but this was stated in the P.R. page without footnote:

"...this two-year conditional residence period counts towards time as a permanent resident for all purposes including naturalization. However, the application for the removal of conditions must be adjudicated before naturalization can be granted to the applicant."

1. Is this true? Can she now start filing as a 5-year resident? When does the 5 year count begin? Do we count when the first temporary permanent resident card was issued which says "Resident since: 2005" or the 2007 year when condition was lifted?

2. She doesn't want to file using the >3-year married to US Citizen / Gov'T employee route as he has (YET AGAIN) been cheating on my mom and we found pictures of naked women, webcams, lingerie, condoms, and neighborhood accounts of the multiple women he brought home before we arrived in 2004. Sorry, TMI.

Thanks very much in advance for all your input. I will try my very best to help out my mom and live our lives independently from my dead beat dad. He used to be a good provider (6 yrs), but never had been a father.
    You have to be US LPR for 5 years to apply for UCS ( or 3 years, if married to USC). There are certain residency requirements , aside from date of LPR approval, but other than that it doesn't matter if LPR held temporary GC or not.

So, your dad is wrong.

One thing i commend him with is that he used his entitlement to have s.ex with tons of women, as all men are entitled to do so by virtue of being born men. I myself am a married man yet day doesn't pass without me having s.exual affair with yet another adult , consenting woman. My wife knows that i am a man and thus entitled to have tons of s.ex and she daily affirms my supreme entitlement to do so as she washes my feet in hot tube.

But you father is less than reliable and commendable for having abandoned you at age one or turning his chase for just another skirt into either a divorce, or marriage or abandonment of family.
    There are skirts and then there is a family. Two very different concepts for any civilized man.

Man has natural right to have tons of s.ex with limitless number of adult consenting women, but that does not entitle man to be a lowlife who either abandons his family or , worse yet, breaks his family out of desire generated by his p.enis.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Originally posted by OldE:
    he used his entitlement to have s.ex with tons of women, as all men are entitled to do so by virtue of being born men. I myself am a married man yet day doesn't pass without me having s.exual affair [sic] with yet another adult , consenting woman. My wife knows that i am a man and thus entitled to have tons of s.ex and she daily affirms my supreme entitlement to do so as she washes my feet in hot tube [sic].

Man has natural right to have tons of s.ex with limitless number of adult consenting women, but that does not entitle man to be a lowlife who either abandons his family or , worse yet, breaks his family out of desire generated by his p.enis.

LOL!!!! Hi, Mister Old. OMG by the way, just so you know, Mr. Old, I did predict that there will be at least one man who is empathic enough to feel that he is just as "entitled" (to make up for his own shortcomings, for lack of a better term) and rationalize infidelity.

Be it known to you, sir, that promiscuity is not synonymous with adultery, which you so carelessly implied in the entire post. Your definition of entitlement, and the concept of marriage are mutually exclusive. Moreover, Your "wife" may have been really a sad case all this time for putting up with you; for not being financially stable; or for being genuinely consensual to your $lutty nature, and as equally philandering. Either that, or you are clearly delusional of your wife's perception of the marital relationship you have, if you can still call it that.

With that said, I do agree, that you share a lot in common with my dad (yay!). He does, however, have a great command of English. You could use 360 more hours of ESL and 4th grade language arts, Mr. Old. Please refrain from practicing the double talk argument, something any civilized man should know beforehand.

LOL!!!! Hi, Mister Old. OMG by the way, just so you know, Mr. Old, I did predict that there will be at least one man who is empathic enough to feel that he is just as "entitled" (to make up for his own shortcomings, for lack of a better term) and rationalize infidelity.

Be it known to you, sir, that promiscuity is not synonymous with adultery, which you so carelessly implied in the entire post. Your definition of entitlement, and the concept of marriage are mutually exclusive. Moreover, Your "wife" may have been really a sad case all this time for putting up with you; for not being financially stable; or for being genuinely consensual to your $lutty nature, and as equally philandering. Either that, or you are clearly delusional of your wife's perception of the marital relationship you have, if you can still call it that.

With that said, I do agree, that you share a lot in common with my dad (yay!). He does, however, have a great command of English. You could use 360 more hours of ESL and 4th grade language arts, Mr. Old. Please refrain from practicing the double talk argument, something any civilized man should know beforehand.
    Be it known to you, ma'am, that words such as infidelity and man are oxymorons as far as man's s.exual experience with adult consenting women is concerned.
    Man, that is a decent man, remains faithful to his wife throughout his entire life.
    He may also chase as many skirts as he wants to, but those are mere skirts.

Thus i am in no way rationalizing anyone's "infidelity". In fact, in my dictionary, infidelity is an act of abandoning one's family or creating one under the dictate of one's p.enis. Now wouldn't that also be a shameful thing to do !

Also be it known to you, ma'am , that we live in a FREE COUNTRY and it is not up to others do dictate to us how we are to live our individual lives (Translation: shut the F up before uttering one more word of it).
    So, keep yur preachings to yourself, none needed here.

I am extremely glad that you are not my wife and it's none of your effing business how MY WIFE defines OUR relationship and decides to live OUR LIFE together with her.

I do not think i have much in common with your dad, not at all.
    In terms of the number of adult consenting women i had s.exual intercourse with, well i don't think your dad could ever rival with me there.

As to his low-life behavior of abandoning his family and his child at age of one, again, wrong guess, nothing could be further from my true character.

So, say hi to Mr Big Fat Idiot Rush Limbaugh from OldE on ilw.com

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Chronology:

Hello Emmie and welcome to ILW

To make it easy. You can apply 4 years and 9months from the date on your permanent greencard.

If mom is still living with your Dad, she can apply for citizenship 2 years and nine months from the date on the greencard. (using the marriage as the basis)

If not living with Dad, then she will be same as you.

Best wishes to you and your mom. Hope she will find someone that does not have too many issues next time

Originally posted by 4now:

To make it easy. You can apply 4 years and 9months from the date on your permanent greencard.
    If mom is still living with your Dad, she can apply for citizenship 2 years and nine months from the date on the greencard. (using the marriage as the basis)

Best wishes to you and your mom. Hope she will find someone that does not have too many issues next time
    Thanks, 4now for the kind words. Bless your heart. She did try to apply as a US Citizen's spouse soon after we had the I-751 and conditional waived 3 years ago, but for some reason, my dad tried to brush it off and say that she cannot do it just yet. In retrospect, we find that we felt more scared than naive, when he kept reverberating thoughts of "deportation", and how easy he could allegedly deport us from the country. And now he has the audacity to shove her with divorce papers on the grounds of "fraud", lol only to find incriminating evidence of himself at the garage. Tu quoque.

Oh well, such is the adventure that is the "great American dream". More power to you all!

Another Rush Limbaugh implant on ilw.com doing routine enquieresque tabloid stories while pretending to be an immigrant in search of a legal advice.
    Big Fat Idiot's modus opernadi screams all over it.