free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: fulling out the I 485

Hello Everyone

Here are the particullars: I recently got married to a USC. We reside in New York. I originally entered the US as a vistor on a B2 visa, I over stayed by two weeks. In addition, My mother whom is a USC filed a patition for me in 1997 and was denied in 1999, because we did not meet the burden of proof... we did not submit a Birth Certificate, we submitted a Aftfidavit (the birth was not properly registered/recorded). My questions are:

1. What should I list my current INS status to be on the I 485

2. Should I worry because I over stayed.

3. Should I mention that my mother had previously filed for me and was denied. Will it hurt/prolong my case to with hold such info.

4. I did not enter on a fiancee visa.. for question 16 on the I 765 what should I put as my Eligibility Category.

Thanks everyone for your help, and good luck to all.

Hello Everyone

Here are the particullars: I recently got married to a USC. We reside in New York. I originally entered the US as a vistor on a B2 visa, I over stayed by two weeks. In addition, My mother whom is a USC filed a patition for me in 1997 and was denied in 1999, because we did not meet the burden of proof... we did not submit a Birth Certificate, we submitted a Aftfidavit (the birth was not properly registered/recorded). My questions are:

1. What should I list my current INS status to be on the I 485

2. Should I worry because I over stayed.

3. Should I mention that my mother had previously filed for me and was denied. Will it hurt/prolong my case to with hold such info.

4. I did not enter on a fiancee visa.. for question 16 on the I 765 what should I put as my Eligibility Category.

Thanks everyone for your help, and good luck to all.

You need to apply for AOS (adjustemt of status) because of your overstay, however... they dont make a beg deal out of this if you marriage is legal...
    the overstay is pardoned.

Thanks Some1mex... can you or somebody also help me with the other questions.

on the I 765 you enter c9 for your category

thanks gabbygirl... now just two questions to go i.e items 1 and 3.

you are out of status right now so that is what you need to put on the form and also you need to be honest so i think you know the answer for no. 3 on your own.

thanks once again gabbygirl... I just did not want to provide any unnecessary info.