50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Marriage based AOS

It has been over a year since my American citizen wife and me had our interview. She is the petitioner and me the applicant. We were told that a decision would arrive by mail, interview went smooth. No decision yet, even after numerous follow ups with the local office in person and by mail. Also, recently approached via the local congressperson's office, a little over two months. Still no response. What am I to expect? Since it has been over two years into our marriage, if the AOS is approved, does it entitle me to get an unconditional green card directly? Please advise and thanks for your response in advance.

It has been over a year since my American citizen wife and me had our interview. She is the petitioner and me the applicant. We were told that a decision would arrive by mail, interview went smooth. No decision yet, even after numerous follow ups with the local office in person and by mail. Also, recently approached via the local congressperson's office, a little over two months. Still no response. What am I to expect? Since it has been over two years into our marriage, if the AOS is approved, does it entitle me to get an unconditional green card directly? Please advise and thanks for your response in advance.

Yup, you're entitled the unconditional green card if it has passed the 2 years anniversary.

USCIS has to respond to a congressional inquiry, What is their reasoning of the delay in processing your AOS when responding to your local congressman inquiry?
    If I would make a guess, its probably your FBI name check result is still pending.

Well if its really the FBI name check, I really don't have a good suggestion. You can contact the congressman office and request assistance, but I don't know what exactly they can do to speed it up. Thing is, depend on the result of your initial name check, FBI might be forced to manually perform a backgroud check on you. That might take a long time (a person has to do it instead of the computer).

This document I linked below indicate the Vermont Service Center has ways to request expedited name check clearance from the FBI, but looks like they're the only service center to do so. It also has method to contact the FBI with regard to the FP & Name check status.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...achmentid=8181

What difference it makes when you get a clearance?
    Do you have permission to be here?
    Do you have EAD or simply authorization to work?
    What is the rush for?
    You will end up angering USCIS for pushing them to process your case faster, while many others still wait, and as a result you may be forced to wait even longer.

Good luck,
    E.