free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl Friend In the Philippines

Me and my Girl Friend have been chatting,web camming and talking on the phone for about 4 yrs now. Is there anyway she can just come over here for marriage, or must i go there first and meet her in person before applying for fiancee visa? What if I hire her at my business to answer phone calls and handle foreign calls since she can speak 3 languages. What is the easiest way to get her here? Please help me figure out how i can get her here. I may not be able to go to the Philippines because i will be pleading to a felony dui soon and they won't let me leave the state. Any advice. Please help me out here. Lyle

Me and my Girl Friend have been chatting,web camming and talking on the phone for about 4 yrs now. Is there anyway she can just come over here for marriage, or must i go there first and meet her in person before applying for fiancee visa? What if I hire her at my business to answer phone calls and handle foreign calls since she can speak 3 languages. What is the easiest way to get her here? Please help me figure out how i can get her here. I may not be able to go to the Philippines because i will be pleading to a felony dui soon and they won't let me leave the state. Any advice. Please help me out here. Lyle

just wanted to say i am in the usa.

hi... i am just curious r u a us citizen or a green card holder? please let me know so i can give you some info...

Note: if u are a us citizen, i don't see any problem why you cannot get her....

If not---(green card holder) U might be having trouble yourself since pleading to a DUI... can put you in deportation proceedings.....You might think about hiring a criminal & immigration lawyer at the same time....

If you are citizen the only way that you can get her are through:

Fiancee visa
    Marry her to her home country

You cannot bring your girlfriend for tourist purpose or work visa because that's not her intention of coming to the united states... She will be charged for misrepresentation/fraud if immigration officials find out at the port of entry or so CALLED INSPECTION... I hope that helps...

Yes, I am a US Citizen born and raised here. My understanding is that I must first meet her in person to even get a financee visa for her, is this true? We have been communicationg for about 4 yrs now. Since I will be pleading guilty to this dui case, I do believe they (the state of montana dept of corrections) will not let me travel outside of the country, or maybe even montana. I am calling them today and asking about this. If they can or will let me travel, even if just enough time for us to meet, then i will be covered here. If not, I was considering paying for her to go to california to visit her cousin, and hopefully I can at least get a traveler's pass to go there. I have talked to a guy who gets them all the time to go to washington state. He sees no problem if this must be a worse case scenerio. That would show that we have indeed meant in person. I do indeed plan on marrying this girl within the 90 days once I can figure out how to get her here. I've already put the work visa to rest, so I am no longer considering that option. When you say, "marry her to her home country", are you speaking of marrying her in the philippines? I'm new to all this and thought it wasn't going to be a big deal, but i'm learning fast that it is now. Do you think I must either get her to california visiting a cousin and meet her there, or fly to philippines and meet her? Please help! we both want to marry and spoke alot about this over the last 4 years. I am heartbroken with my current situation, and the possibility of not being able to do anything to insure her getting here. I also wondered about my felony dui creating issues with me getting into the philippines. It will be my fourth offense, and in montana is now a felony. Last dui was over 13 yrs ago. From what i can tell from where i got my passport, they didn't think it was a problem. they said it usually just applies to violent crimes, at least as far as the philippines would apply. Please help, I'm heart broken over this situation. I will be subject to dept of corrections here in montana for a 25 month period, and just don't wanna wait that long. My Girl friend and myself have already waited 4 yrs. I made a big mistake that could cost me the love of my life. I made a mistake (once again) getting behind the wheel of a car after having 4 drinks. I got caught. I am dealing with this end of things already. Now i only want my girl friend to be able to be with me so i can marry her once she is here, or if possible go there and marry her if i must. thanks for any advice. Lyle

I just found some info here that probably tells me what I was searching for. If anyone has nay pointers please add them. This is off a site that claims for $999.00 they can get the paperwork through in 40-90 days. Is this a good deal or not? Is it easier and less expensive to do it myself? Anyway below is what they say about the fiancee visa. Im sure this is what will be required of me. I'll have to figure out how to go there and meet her in person. If anyone has any comments please feel free to leave them. If you wanna be sarcastic please pass on posting, thanks. Below is what i came up with...

What are the requirements for a fiancée visa?
    A3 The requirements for a fiancée visa are simple. You must be a US citizen. Permanent residents of the US are not allowed to obtain fiancée visas. Both you and your fiancée must be free to marry. This means that if either has been married previously, you are either divorced, widowed or the marriage was annulled. You must have met your fiancée in person within the previous two years. Since she cannot obtain a visitor's visa to visit the US, this means that you must go to her country to meet her. She must also be free of AIDS.

Since u are a US citizen, i don't see any reason why you cannot petition her.... what i meant was you could just go over there(Philippines) and marry her but there has to be a relationship that exist... Immigration is very doubtful when it comes to people who meet online especially Philippines (there is a lot of mail bride).... As far as fiancee visa... you could do that as well.. but it will be hard because according to you, you guys only met online.... You need a lot of evidence to prove that there is a relatioship going on... Lots of pictures together, etc...You need an immigration lawyer if u want it the right way....I really suggest that you should just go there and visit her...After that, it's up to you guys what you wanna do next... marriage etc...

Lyle....you are going to have to meet her in person to get a fiance visa for her. This probably means that you will have to go to the Philippines.

If your fiance has not had a tourist visa in the past, it will be very difficult for her to get one. Especially if she is young, good looking and not rich. (she will have to show strong economic ties to return to Philippines).

If your felony conviction prevents you from traveling overseas, you are probably SOL - at least until you are able to travel.

thank you guys for responding. i have some good news to report. i called my upcoming probation officer and he said after i complete my dui class and since i already have a visa i just need to get a letter from the secretary of state passport division that i am ok to go. he didnt think this was a problem since my felony status is rather low on the totem pole. he said once i have that he sees no reason why i cant go. he is the one that would need to approve it and he told me on the phone he has no problem with it. this was the best news i have heard in months. i just phoned my gf and she is now very very happy. she tells me she will wait for me. my intentions are to get my stuff done here, me and her will decide if we will marry there or here, but either way she will be with me if even about 9 months away! thanks guys for all your help. my day has been made happy for me. i already have a job lined out for her working in a restaurant with another philipina lady of 52 yrs who said she will get her a job, help her to learn this culture, and with decent pay. my gf after some time did want to go to school, and since i already went i told her i would help her get through her dream of going to school. only question i would have is, "is it probably wise for me to have a pre-nup since i am 45 and do own a few assets"??? Am I wrong to even be thinking this way? my concern is if for some unknown reason she even got homesick and wanted to return to her country, i'd lose half of what i have aquired in my single time as a working guy. any advice is appreciated. thanks, lyle

luv, just wanted to let you know that this is about as much of a relationship as two people can have without being together. i regularly send flowers, long distance phone calls for hours on end each week. email messages, and yahoo messenger notes everyday. i actually had her smiling in the web cam and took pics of her with my digital camera so i had some photos of her. she has a photo of me on her cell phone i had a co-worker take and then i sent it to her via text message. i don't know of much more to show that this is indeed something real between us.