50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: N400 interview

A friend of mine got his naturalization despite the fact he didnt really forefill the residency requirement exactly. In the interview he stated wronlgly that he hasnt been out of the country as long as he actually was. The Ins believed it, since GC holders only get stamped in the passport wehen they enter the country but never when they leave it.
    My question is:

1) Why doesnt the INS know when GC holders leave the country?

2) What happens if you actually get caught lying about ur residency? Will the GC be followed by deportation or jail or what else?

Any information are highly appreciated

A friend of mine got his naturalization despite the fact he didnt really forefill the residency requirement exactly. In the interview he stated wronlgly that he hasnt been out of the country as long as he actually was. The Ins believed it, since GC holders only get stamped in the passport wehen they enter the country but never when they leave it.
    My question is:

1) Why doesnt the INS know when GC holders leave the country?

2) What happens if you actually get caught lying about ur residency? Will the GC be followed by deportation or jail or what else?

Any information are highly appreciated

I dont think these guys really care, and they really would not know, and dont care,unless one tells them.

It seems after one gets green card, getting citizenship is actually encouraged, and theres no major difference btw green card and citizenship other than rights to vote and sponsoring family; thats why no one would likely spend time investigating every N400 filed coz after one gets green card, everyone knows that its just a matter of time and they get green card, unless they are criminals, NZI etc stuff.

Having said this, I think if BCIS came to know of ANY lie/inaccuracy on N400, the citizenship would be revoked. But they would not know unless you tell the, so its best to move on, and forget that oversight in the application.