free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please help

Hi everyone,

I have a question. If you file a I-130 for your parent,they live outside of the U.S and the I-130 have been approved, do you still required to file the 1-485 form?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a question. If you file a I-130 for your parent,they live outside of the U.S and the I-130 have been approved, do you still required to file the 1-485 form?

Thanks

Hi Jean and welcome to ILW,

No, the I-485 only gets filed once she is in the US, she can only adjust status once she arrives here.

Now the I-130 has been approved, the next step will be the Consulate contacting her telling her what she needs to do next and with the appropriate forms that need to be filled in.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

As I said before, Sprint girl is a moron. If you filed an I-130 for your parent, you will be notified when the I120 is approved and sent to the DOS/NVC then to the American consulate or embassy having jurisdication over the place where your parents live. They will get their visa there. You do not need to file an I485, that is only if they are already here. Please note that USCIS can deny an I-485 to those who they think fraudulently used non-immigrant visas to avoid the immigrant visa process.

Hi Jean:

Your parents will have to file DS-230 part I and II in order to get immigrant visa from US Consuate/Embassy in their country of residence.

Keep it up Tak...you can benefit through you expertise...good job...

Since your parent lives outside the US, adjustment of status is not an option so the I-485 is not necessary.

The NVC will contact you with what steps need to be taken next.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch