publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Is the US Consulate in Montreal the only one that does the Visa Interviews?

I have heard from many it will have to be done in Montreal, that Vancouver and Calgary don't do the Visa Interviews. It will be an immigrant visa. My husband is American and in the US.

I have heard from many it will have to be done in Montreal, that Vancouver and Calgary don't do the Visa Interviews. It will be an immigrant visa. My husband is American and in the US.

Yes

Immigrant Visas

The U.S. Consulate in Vancouver no longer processes immigrant visa cases. All immigrant visa cases in Canada are handled by the U.S. Consulate in Montreal. If an immigrant visa application has been filed on your behalf and you have a specific inquiry, please call the National Visa Center at area code (603) 334-0700. We regret that the Consulate does not have the resources to accept inquiries on immigrant visa matters. If you are seeking general information regarding the immigrant visa process, you may phone the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) from within the United States at their toll free number by calling 1 (800) 375-5283. Or, if you wish to address your questions to our visa information 900 number, from within Canada, please dial 1 (900) 451-2778. From within the United States, the number is 1 (900) 443-3131 (per minute toll charges.)

Source

Yes - only Montreal - but it is a fabulous city. You and your husband may love it- great j a z z and other music, wine, and very European. You better start saving now for the trip. (great honeymoon city)

Why on earth did you ever leave the States after your I-130 was filed. (Whoever thought up the immigration rules were REAL idiots.)

I learned the hard way. I honestly thought I would be fine to travel. We had only sent it in, nothing had been approved or denied yet. Trust me, I suffer with that decision everyday. I love Montreal. I was born there.