free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: our lives changed overnight...

I am a single mother of 2 girls, and began dating a Brazillian man, who has been in the US for ten+ years now. Came here w/o visa, bur has been an outstanding citizen, w/ steady job, own business paying taxes, had married and has a 2yr old daughter, but then divorced, and has been productive in this country the entire time. He has been in court w/ exwife for child support issues..he had an areareage, and was trying to get the support modified. At the court hearing he was put in jail for contempt on the arrearage..though he just made a pmt.the previous week. Immigration was at the jail questioning others and put a retainer on him. I went to pay the contempt bond off, and they said he couldnt go. This is a nightmare, he is being held in a terrible prison, and has a clean record. My daughters have been crying since he was taken way from our home. What do we do.....
    "who are you to judge the way I live-i'm not perfect,or live to be but before you start pointing fingers,make sure your hands are clean".....B.M. http://i36.tinypic.com/350ma8n.jpg

I am a single mother of 2 girls, and began dating a Brazillian man, who has been in the US for ten+ years now. Came here w/o visa, bur has been an outstanding citizen, w/ steady job, own business paying taxes, had married and has a 2yr old daughter, but then divorced, and has been productive in this country the entire time. He has been in court w/ exwife for child support issues..he had an areareage, and was trying to get the support modified. At the court hearing he was put in jail for contempt on the arrearage..though he just made a pmt.the previous week. Immigration was at the jail questioning others and put a retainer on him. I went to pay the contempt bond off, and they said he couldnt go. This is a nightmare, he is being held in a terrible prison, and has a clean record. My daughters have been crying since he was taken way from our home. What do we do.....
    "who are you to judge the way I live-i'm not perfect,or live to be but before you start pointing fingers,make sure your hands are clean".....B.M. http://i36.tinypic.com/350ma8n.jpg

hi heartbroken,

Has anyone ever filed anything (like I-130 immigrant petition for relative) for your fiance?

I don't know much about the procedure.. but there is usually an liason officer in a prison who can give you information. I think I heard that deportations are scheduled and carried out according to the number of people from one country they have... Sometimes it goes very fast, but sometimes it can be months before it happens.

BTW - it helps if you keep all the information (your posts) in one thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
    hi heartbroken,

Has anyone ever filed anything (like I-130 immigrant petition for relative) for your fiance?

I don't know much about the procedure.. but there is usually an liason officer in a prison who can give you information. I think I heard that deportations are scheduled and carried out according to the number of people from one country they have... Sometimes it goes very fast, but sometimes it can be months before it happens.

BTW - it helps if you keep all the information (your posts) in one thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WHAT do u mean, in one thread..dont keep opening new posts? i dont understand

What should you do???? YOU SHOULD RUN !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heartbroken: Came here w/o visa, bur has been an outstanding citizen, He has been in court w/ exwife for child support issues..he had an areareage, and . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Outstanding Citizen???? First off, he is NOT a Citizen. Second, He violated our immigration laws. Third, he does not support his own children and is violating child support orders.

How can you let this 'person' be around your children? I do not mean to sound harsh but do you have ANY self-respect; any at all? You can't do better than an illegal alien criminal who abandons his responsibility to his own children?

My question is why aren't you running from this loser instead of trying to help him?

Women just love ****S and this is just one more proof.

hi s.o.m.
    i know ow it looks, he was paying his child support..the divorce was brought by his exwife because she wanted to be single. The arrearage was from not being able to pay the full 300$ per week. Anyways, I love him, my daughters love him, and we had a strong family. My exhusband, a US citizen(caucasian) was abusive,psychotic, and abused drugs. We freed ourselves from him after 10 years.I know that my fiancees immigrant status was illegal, but USA is the leading nation, best place on earth to live..right? We were going to correct his status...actually after the holidays.
    Its too late now, I'll never run away from him, only to him..and having him in our life is the best thing that has ever happened to us.Call me foolish, but I'm filling out our passport apps as we speak...thank u for your insight though.

Hello HB and welcome to the forum

Without question , you need the advice of an immigration attorney. You will need to give him the facts of the circumstances in order for him to give you the proper guidance. (the same goes for the forum}

You said that he got divorced and owed child support. Was he married to a us citizen and do you know if any paperwork for immigration was ever filed on his behalf?

Did he sneak into the country?
    Perhaps he was part of 245I back in 2001 with the ex wife. His no visa would not have mattered then. We need facts.

I understand that you are upset and distraught, but right now we need facts in order to advise you.

One more thing, you speak about getting married to him and trying to get him status. Are you usc? If not, then that is not an option .

hi..thank u. No, he was not married to a citizen, rather a girl here on a student visa, and they had a child together. she is actually fraudulently using a fake social, which is something he wouldnt even do. I am a USC, and i do believe he came here w/o a passport.He has been here for over 10 yrs though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heartbroken:
    hi..thank u. No, he was not married to a citizen, rather a girl here on a student visa, and they had a child together. she is actually fraudulently using a fake social, which is something he wouldnt even do. I am a USC, and i do believe he came here w/o a passport.He has been here for over 10 yrs though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to find out for sure. Ask him. It is possible he came on a visa such as student or tourist. One thing for sure is that their child is a united states citizen and that will be the hardship that he will use. along with the ten years in this country to ask for cancelation of removal.

He does not have a criminal record which is good. However, being behind in child support is frowned on in the courts. How much child support does he owe in arrears

we are paying the entire arrearage off in court on monday and the civil case will be gone..he did not come here w/ any visa at all...and yes his girl is a us citizen, but the mom has sole custody, only because at the time of divorce, he didnt understand what she asked for, and agreed to it. Hes never received representation for any court appearances but should have.