publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: CHILD PROTECTION ACT? DO I FIT IN?

I was born in feb 1980. Green Card petition had been filed for my mum by her sister under preference category F4 in 1993. Our Priority date is current now. But I turned 21 in 2001. We had sent out the choice of agent form and after that we had received the forms for submitting the fees for travelling applicants and it only mentions my mum, dad and little sister who is 18 since we added my dad and sister as derivatives as we didnt know about this child protection act enacted on aug 6. 2002. I am 24 and my brother is 22. So will I and my brother be able to accompany my parents under the new Act ?My question is, has my brother and me aged out? thanks!

I was born in feb 1980. Green Card petition had been filed for my mum by her sister under preference category F4 in 1993. Our Priority date is current now. But I turned 21 in 2001. We had sent out the choice of agent form and after that we had received the forms for submitting the fees for travelling applicants and it only mentions my mum, dad and little sister who is 18 since we added my dad and sister as derivatives as we didnt know about this child protection act enacted on aug 6. 2002. I am 24 and my brother is 22. So will I and my brother be able to accompany my parents under the new Act ?My question is, has my brother and me aged out? thanks!

But that still doesnt answer my question gabbygirl! cheers! I just wanna know if I have a chance of immigrating to usa given the circumstances I am in

Honestly this is beginning to get ridiculos. I think if anyone on this board knew the answer to your question they would have answered by now. Your best choice would be to ask an attorney or call the National Visa Center or the US consulate for your country.

There are some questions that you need to answer. When your Aunt applied for your mother back in 1993, how long did she take to get approval for the application ? This is one of the important factor.
    2nd , as soon as your family case become current, how old are you and your brother ? to be exact !! and need to take action with one year of the case become current to be eligible for child act.
    Finally, my point of view, maybe your brother might eligible, but not you..You need to read Memo post by USCIS web about child act which clearly explain about the case like you..

i thought the pending time is the duration of time that takes place when the petition is pending after it is approved for a visa number to be current! however i have sent mine and my brother's birth certificates to the National Visa Center! lets see how it goes!

You must look at the date the petition was approved and subtract the date the petition was filed. The number of days the petition was pending is the amount of days you can subtract from your current age. If your age is under 21 then you can file the AOS application. You must however, file within 1 year of your number becoming available or don't bother to file.