50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Volcano in Iceland causing delays leaving the USA

Because much of northern European airspace has been shutdown due to the Volcano eruption in Iceland, it's possible many Brits here on vacation may be forced to overstay. There is a remedy:

British Embassy in Washington DC

Although this is a link to the British Embassy, the same procedures would apply to other nationals of European countries affected.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Because much of northern European airspace has been shutdown due to the Volcano eruption in Iceland, it's possible many Brits here on vacation may be forced to overstay. There is a remedy:

British Embassy in Washington DC

Although this is a link to the British Embassy, the same procedures would apply to other nationals of European countries affected.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

From info from the USCIS how to Extend My Stay in the USA.

Hi,

I just came accross this one also. It's basically a repeat of what Brit posted, but states that people can go to the authorities at the airport.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/new.../iceland_volcano.xml

Brit, I was thinking about you this morning. NBC had a pilot give insight on the ashes and how it is flying through. He was, as they announced, a pilot knowledgeable about commercial and civilian air travel. He had a British accent.

Not that I have ever heard you speak, but I thought about you when I heard him speak.

Was that you?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

No it wasn't. There was a quite famous accident involving volcanic ash a few years ago. A BA 747 flew through the ash on its way to Auckland, NZ in 1982 when all 4 engines suddenly stopped:

Jakarta incident

But they didn't know what they had flown through at the time.

Satisfactory Departure may be obtained at a CBP Deferred Inspection Office. In any event, who has 3 month vacations? No one is being forced to overstay. If you were here for three months you were probably planning to overstay anyway.

Just f....off , stay home and dont travel..... aint that simple!!!!!!! Period'