free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How to SOLVE Illegal Immigration

Hey Guys,
    I'm a college student attending UNC and I am working on an argumentative paper. I chose to write on our little, or not so little problem of illegal immigration via the US-Mexican border. Presidents Bill Clinton, George W Bush, and Barack Obama have all come up with the same "solutions," which include fencing, technology, and stricter border control. Obviously it isn't working. If it did we wouldn't be having this discussion. In my paper I am arguing against Barack Obama's plan because it's the same thing that we, the US, has done in the past. It's like Albert Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." We need a true once-and-for-all immigration reform. In my paper I am arguing that instead of spending billions of dollars on fencing, increased border patrolmen, and newer technology that we should stop illegal immigration at it's source, not the border. The source of Latin and Central Americans traveling North to the US is poverty. I believe we should invest the money into their economies to create jobs so they can live in their own countries and not want/need to enter the US to earn money to send back to their families.

With that said, I really need some help and ideas for my paper. I need both pros and cons and all of your guys' help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all! :]

Hey Guys,
    I'm a college student attending UNC and I am working on an argumentative paper. I chose to write on our little, or not so little problem of illegal immigration via the US-Mexican border. Presidents Bill Clinton, George W Bush, and Barack Obama have all come up with the same "solutions," which include fencing, technology, and stricter border control. Obviously it isn't working. If it did we wouldn't be having this discussion. In my paper I am arguing against Barack Obama's plan because it's the same thing that we, the US, has done in the past. It's like Albert Einstein said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." We need a true once-and-for-all immigration reform. In my paper I am arguing that instead of spending billions of dollars on fencing, increased border patrolmen, and newer technology that we should stop illegal immigration at it's source, not the border. The source of Latin and Central Americans traveling North to the US is poverty. I believe we should invest the money into their economies to create jobs so they can live in their own countries and not want/need to enter the US to earn money to send back to their families.

With that said, I really need some help and ideas for my paper. I need both pros and cons and all of your guys' help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all! :]

There is an effective solution to this problem.
    All illegal aliens should pick up the phone and dial 1-800-MALIKPAPISH.
    Make an appointment with great champion of Wetbacks, Mr Malik Papish, slip few $100 bills in his side pocket and watch him fix your peypers in no time.

No other solution is feasible at the time.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Kutly, I think you need to approach the argument from the direction of "Why do illegal immigrants do what they do?"

I think we both agree that it's because they think they're going to do much better here in the US than they will in Mexico.

However, where we diverge is here: We can't control Mexico, nor is it our responsibility to do so. Therefore what we need to do is remove the incentives for illegals to come here. Employers use illegal immigrants because they can skirt labor laws without worrying about being reported. Those employers need to be held to account - either by hefty penalties or revoking business licenses so they hire legal (meaning citizens and those who have gone through the required visa processes) workers.

If all employers refuse to hire illegal immigrants, it won't be a problem. And when we have an unemployment rate in excess of 10% like we do now, the inane argument of "Illegals do jobs Americans just won't do" really gets put to the test.
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Kevorkian is an idiot.

There is an objective reason why his fantasy is not going to work in reality.

Here it is: the social , political and life conditions in Mexico and some other countries are so suffocating for some people that nothing short of bringing Mussolini to power in US will make it worse for illegals in America to go back to their own country.
    Many of those immigrants will even find life in US jails to be more comfortable than back home.
    Remove work incentives and they will resort to orginazed crime (which is already becoming more of the case in some southern states).

But the wave will drop eventually as it was decreasing in past few years. Again, there are objective reasons for that.
    Most of those who had to escape their own countries already have.
    Many of those who used to come for economic reasons only may find that due to economy slowing here there are not much better options here. With housing market down construction boom is over for now, so no jobs there by default.
    And with cost of life constantly going up, the minimum wage no longer promises all the necessities + some savings as it used to be up to late 80s and early 90s. It's not enough even for bare necessities.

Those are real reasons that may slow or even stop the mass immigration flow. Once it's halted or brought to relatively low levels then the gradual process of enforcing borders and etc. could be implemented to prepare for the next wave of tsunami.

And there are ways to influence the Mexican gov to do something about it's own social, political and economic conditions so that their people would not seek better life outside of their own borders. But doing so would run contrary to the interests of many hence it won't happen.

In short, as with many things in life, there is no apparent solution to this issue.
    Time will fix it when it's due.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JermCool:
    Kutly, I think you need to approach the argument from the direction of "Why do illegal immigrants do what they do?"

I think we both agree that it's because they think they're going to do much better here in the US than they will in Mexico.

However, where we diverge is here: We can't control Mexico, nor is it our responsibility to do so. Therefore what we need to do is remove the incentives for illegals to come here. Employers use illegal immigrants because they can skirt labor laws without worrying about being reported. Those employers need to be held to account - either by hefty penalties or revoking business licenses so they hire legal (meaning citizens and those who have gone through the required visa processes) workers.

If all employers refuse to hire illegal immigrants, it won't be a problem. And when we have an unemployment rate in excess of 10% like we do now, the inane argument of "Illegals do jobs Americans just won't do" really gets put to the test. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mexico High on the list, lets not forget about others that use different methods.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    Kevorkian is an idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I presume I'm Kevorkian? I don't quite see the analogy. Which suicide would I be assisting?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is an objective reason why his fantasy is not going to work in reality.

Here it is: the social , political and life conditions in Mexico and some other countries are so suffocating for some people that nothing short of bringing Mussolini to power in US will make it worse for illegals in America to go back to their own country.
    Many of those immigrants will even find life in US jails to be more comfortable than back home.
    Remove work incentives and they will resort to orginazed crime (which is already becoming more of the case in some southern states).
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    State your source. The organized crime that has been publicized has been due to Drug Cartels operating from Mexico and Central and South America. That's a whole different kettle of fish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But the wave will drop eventually as it was decreasing in past few years. Again, there are objective reasons for that.
    Most of those who had to escape their own countries already have.
    Many of those who used to come for economic reasons only may find that due to economy slowing here there are not much better options here. With housing market down construction boom is over for now, so no jobs there by default.
    And with cost of life constantly going up, the minimum wage no longer promises all the necessities + some savings as it used to be up to late 80s and early 90s. It's not enough even for bare necessities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    So...no jobs and they go home. That would seem to validate *my* point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Those are real reasons that may slow or even stop the mass immigration flow. Once it's halted or brought to relatively low levels then the gradual process of enforcing borders and etc. could be implemented to prepare for the next wave of tsunami. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If decent immigration laws are enacted and enforced properly, there wouldn't be another wave.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And there are ways to influence the Mexican gov to do something about it's own social, political and economic conditions so that their people would not seek better life outside of their own borders. But doing so would run contrary to the interests of many hence it won't happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey - if we can get Mexico to produce a wage that means people will respect the borders and we can get it for free, I'm all for it. But that should be coupled with a plan to make it less appealing for them to come here illegally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In short, as with many things in life, there is no apparent solution to this issue.
    Time will fix it when it's due. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's about as idealistic as my plan there, OldE. But as with many things in life, sitting on our hands does not fix an issue. It usually makes it worse.
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    I presume I'm Kevorkian? I don't quite see the analogy. Which suicide would I be assisting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you are not Kevorkian
    Well, there is actually a guy who is doing lots of interviews on various TV shows and DC forums, dedicated to this issue; his name is either Kevorkian or Kirkorian (i don't remember exactly what that clown's name is).
    Anyway, it's the idea originally voiced by him.
    You merely repeat it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">State your source. The organized crime that has been publicized has been due to Drug Cartels operating from Mexico and Central and South America. That's a whole different kettle of fish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't need a source. Historically, orginazied crime goes up when there are no work options. It's a fact.
    When 12 mil people are forcefully put out of work, what do you think they will do?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So...no jobs and they go home. That would seem to validate *my* point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard this since years ago, we will see what happens in practice. But it's not *your* idea.
    It has been advanced years ago by dimwit clowns who get fat dreaming these things up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    If decent immigration laws are enacted and enforced properly, there wouldn't be another wave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In free market economics (unlike Communist centralized planning economy) certain conditions can't be mandated or enforced by law.

Just as life conditions that force people to leave their own borders and seek better chance elsewhere can not be controlled by legislation and law enforcement of the host country. Just like you can't control Force Majeure and have executive order for hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquaces to stop happening.

However, assuming there are migration waves and that they do occure in cycles, once in a while and due to uncontrollable by host nation natural circumstances, the measures can be taken to prepare for the next such wave and thus decrease it's destructive effects (just as you would prepare for tsunami knowing your coastal line is vulnerable to such).

Another useful action would be to influence Mexican gov to take care of it's own people so they don't run out of their own land barefeet, but for obvious reasons ,since it would be contrary to interests of many, it won't happen.
    So, the only option is to prepare for the next wave before it hits the shores.

Hey - if we can get Mexico to produce a wage that means people will respect the borders and we can get it for free, I'm all for it. But that should be coupled with a plan to make it less appealing for them to come here illegally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See above.

That's about as idealistic as my plan there, OldE. But as with many things in life, sitting on our hands does not fix an issue. It usually makes it worse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it doesn't. Dreaming up unworkable policies won't make it better either.

So, as usual, time will fix it when it's due.