free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there any way for my girlfriend to move here

we have been together 4 years in august and we put her in the lottery every year. she is from Northern Ireland. is there some way one of my family members can sponser her? she has been here to visit 6 times and 3 months is the longest she has stayed and she did that twice? I'm willing to pay a lawyer if we can get her here to live and work.

Thank you

we have been together 4 years in august and we put her in the lottery every year. she is from Northern Ireland. is there some way one of my family members can sponser her? she has been here to visit 6 times and 3 months is the longest she has stayed and she did that twice? I'm willing to pay a lawyer if we can get her here to live and work.

Thank you

You can apply for a fiancee visa K1 for her (only if you are USC and with legal age for doing that), or a student visa F1 if she is accepted at a university and you or other member of your family can sponsor her for the duration of her studies, there are some temporary work visas H-2B or H-1B.You can read about those visas on www.USImmigrationForAll.com and you can find help from cristina@usimmigrationforall.com

All the best !

www.USImmigrationForAll.com
    Frank G. Becker & Associates
    www.USImmigrationForAll.com

well that would be all and good but we are both female and the law does not allow *** marriage let alone *** marriage with the possibility of citizenship unlike when a man takes a bride from another country. Its very discriminating.

ok well i guess i should have said same partner marriage.

Umm,I was about the answer but you two are females ;-) hehe.

Umm,I am sorry hun to break it down to you,but there is NO way for your girlfriend to come to the US to live with you and just be here and become a resident.Just like you could not go Ireland and decide "hey I wanna live there and be a resident" You can't...no laywer can even help you,not to mention listen to you.

The Only Only way for you two to get together is,if your girlfriend marries,your brother,or best friend whatever...in order to come here with a fiance visa.Oterwise I see no other logical way.Since same *** marriage is not recignized by INS,if you guys would be married in a different country,wouldn't matter.

All you guys could do is a fake marriage with a dude you know,and is in it.But good luck finding one lol...but truly, thats you guys's only option....

Actually, I believe that the original poster could legally immigrate to Britain (her partner's home country) if she had a civil union with her partner. It is my understanding that Britain recently legalized same-*** civil unions, and that immigration benefits are available.

While Britain isn't nearly as wonderful as America - nowhere is - I'm sure that it's far from the worst place to live.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
    Actually, I believe that the original poster could legally immigrate to Britain (her partner's home country) if she had a civil union with her partner. It is my understanding that Britain recently legalized same-*** civil unions, and that immigration benefits are available.

While Britain isn't nearly as wonderful as America - nowhere is - I'm sure that it's far from the worst place to live. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually, it is Denmark, not UK for civil unions. UK has civil partnerships, which has subtle, but distinct differences as civil unions. The purpose of civil partnerships is to allow joint assets to be passed down to the surviving partner, but it does not allow the legal status of civil unions. That is an important distinction.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    Hmm, tough situation. I really emphatize with you OP. Basically all the roads to the US shut for your GF.
    This is what is wrong with the US immigration system. You have to be wealthy and educated to be able to immigrate, or plain lucky.
    Otherwise... just show me the way how an average Jane or Joe can do it.
    There is so much talk about how bad these people are crossing illegally or overstaying, but no one really looks at the reality of the immigration system.
    Just an idea- make it more human and accessible if you are a hard working and honest person, willing to work and contribute to the society, but were not born into privilaged life.
    Shall we consider the possible reform that would be more reasonable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It is more like perserverance and plain luck.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

I have to strongly agree with iperson and Hudson, the system is broken at its core and family immigration perhaps exhibits the saddest reality of the effects of a legislation that has failed to consider reality in favor of a restrictionist approach that, if anything, has greatly contributed to aggravate the problem.

Since 1996, sometimes called "mean 96", illegal immigration has grown exponentially reaching unprecedented levels. Ignoring the problem and pretending it's not there is not going to change things, it'll only make it worse. This is what has happened here. Demand for immigration is there and it's growing, the need remains, failure to provide an efficient and REALISTIC mechanism to channel such demand results in an ever growing problem.

Doing what millions of immigrants did years ago is now considered "illegal". The law has eliminated the most fundamental mechanisms for relief and common sense approaches to legal immigration. The goal was "national security" and "border/population control". The result is millions of people whose whereabouts are unknown, an underground population subject to slavery and exploitation, fraud, deceit and shame. The result is families being broken all the time, kids being detained, the elderly being imprisoned, wide open discrimination, humiliation of citizens who petition for a relative, hardship and despair.

It's not hard to see or understand what has happened, it only takes the will to do so. Change the law or leave it as it is, make it harder for people to come, create tougher penalties, make it harder for people to stay, do whatever you want... all that will not change ONE BIT the needs of the people who seek to come to this country, the needs of mixed families in the U.S. and the needs for qualified and unqualified labor in this nation. It's as simple as that, an act of Congress cannot and will not change human reality.